Author Topic: OC University (OCU)  (Read 4987 times)

Welcome to the official topic of OCU! 

About OCU
This university was founded by the Outdoors Clan.  We have constructed a small school with classes teaching different specialties in Blockland.  Such as wrench events, better building, and good host/admin class.  This is mainly for newer members but I have seen some lower IDs still having fun.  So basically we made a school for the community to help people who might not know how to create a pong game or who think a baseplate is the perfect roof.

So Why Do We Need You?
Although our few teachers have good abilities.  We are still looking for people who can teach other skills.  If you have a good talent that you would like to share with new members then post here and you can join us.

This Sounds Pointless...
If you are in the hundreds IDs a lot of you are porbably thinking this.  Maybe even higher.  But although it doesn't appear anything happens to you there still can be.  We focus on making a better community.  So the more people learn.  The less "omg! halp me with this music brick trigger!"  So although it doesn't appear it can still help everyone.

How Can I Get Invloved?
If you would like to enroll as a student.  Or help teach members.  You can post here or come to an OCU server.  Either way we look forward to seeing you.

Thanks for reading!  Feel free to discus here.

Yo i was here today and i would like to become a self defence teacher. I found this to be useful to people new. I would also be intersted to be a principal sort person. I scold roughty students. Like today when doommonkey was doing grafiti on shcool grounds.

I can imaging this now:

"Hello Im your teacher today"
"My teacher?"
"No, look at the names above peoples heads, Bob is your teacher"
"Hey Im your teacher"
"Ok so Bob is our teacher?"
"No Im your teacher, Bob is their teacher"
"To open the tools menu press Q"
"Hit B and you can select bricks from the menu"
"I hit B and their were no tools"
"No, you hit B for bricks"
"I thought you said to hit Q for tools?"
"I did, but they are doing bricks"
"I hit Q and their are no bricks!"
"To jet hit the right mouse button"
"What does the Y button do?"
"What does Ctrl-K do?"
"Its for team chat"
"Oh ok"
*Jimmy has committed Self Delete*
"HEY IT DIDNT WORK!!!"
"No I was talking to the guy about Y"

I cant wait!

I scold roughty students. Like today when doommonkey was doing grafiti on shcool grounds.

He never got scolded, we banned his ass.

I can imaging this now:

"Hello Im your teacher today"
"My teacher?"
"No, look at the names above peoples heads, Bob is your teacher"
"Hey Im your teacher"
"Ok so Bob is our teacher?"
"No Im your teacher, Bob is their teacher"
"To open the tools menu press Q"
"Hit B and you can select bricks from the menu"
"I hit B and their were no tools"
"No, you hit B for bricks"
"I thought you said to hit Q for tools?"
"I did, but they are doing bricks"
"I hit Q and their are no bricks!"
"To jet hit the right mouse button"
"What does the Y button do?"
"What does Ctrl-K do?"
"Its for team chat"
"Oh ok"
*Jimmy has committed Self Delete*
"HEY IT DIDNT WORK!!!"
"No I was talking to the guy about Y"

I cant wait!

We are more advanced then that.  It isn't the tutorial over again.  Just more advanced Blockland.

We are more advanced then that.  It isn't the tutorial over again.  Just more advanced Blockland.
That wasnt what I meant, I meant how your chats will get mixed
We need an event so only the people standing on the same brick as you can hear what you are saying, so then you could make each room 64x64 and everyone in the rooms can only hear the teacher and each other

Oh that makes sence.  That is a good idea.  I agree.

That wasnt what I meant, I meant how your chats will get mixed
We need an event so only the people standing on the same brick as you can hear what you are saying, so then you could make each room 64x64 and everyone in the rooms can only hear the teacher and each other
You could have minigames for each class and use team chat but that might not be what they want to do

That's not a bad idea.  I will look into that.

I just need to know how to do the wrench events (Like what the output stuff works)
PM me please

Local chat ftw.
Anyways, I can teach weapon specialties, from rocket launchers to miniguns.

That is a good idea Amiret.  We can use the help.  I will get a server up today.  We have to get some expansions done.

aaah...i can see it know..

keepy:IMA FIRIN MAH LAZA!!! *shoots horse ray everywhere*

noob:IM GOING TO THE BATHROOM TO POOP!!!!!

teacher:class,please calm down and....

lolwut11:WEE!!! *drives tank in classroom* SORRY IM LATE TEACHER!*shoots turret*

----bear:hi people >:)

<fills out an Enrollment Paper and sends to the school, then waits 2-4 weeks for a reply>