Author Topic: Status on Retail Blockland?  (Read 5744 times)

I was wondering what has become of retail Blockland that badspot is working on? It didn't get finished did it?

I'm hoping it includes stuff like
-Dynamic Lighting (day/night possibilities and cool shadow effects)
-New particle effects like rain and an update to the crappy snow particle effect
-More functionality with vehicles (better handling, create your own Lego vehicle, etc)
-Hoards of new bricks (palm leaves for tree creation would be cool!)
-Increased performance by leaps and bounds
-More detail in maps and more official maps

Also, what were the odds of it becoming freeware? I pledge to donate 100 bucks to badspot if he releases it freeware so we can get the damn thing already (probably not going to happen unless lots of people pledge to donate!).

I still want retail blockland to come out on Xbox Live Arcade. :) I think it would instantly become one of the most popular games on there. Marble Wars (another Torque game, actually TSE) is doing extremely well on XLA. I bought it a couple days ago and I've enjoyed the hell out of it.

I still want retail blockland to come out on Xbox Live Arcade. :) I think it would instantly become one of the most popular games on there. Marble Wars (another Torque game, actually TSE) is doing extremely well on XLA. I bought it a couple days ago and I've enjoyed the hell out of it.
i wish i had Xbox Live so that i could play halo 2 with other people :(
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:22:23 PM by Masterlegodude »

Halo 2 is starting to lose popularity but, you should be glad you haven't bought an xbox 360.

Also, what were the odds of it becoming freeware? I pledge to donate 100 bucks to badspot if he releases it freeware so we can get the damn thing already (probably not going to happen unless lots of people pledge to donate!).

Badspot said he will publish the game through Garage Games, maker of the Torque Engine, when it is ready. Their games go for around $20.

Marble Wars (another Torque game, actually TSE) is doing extremely well on XLA. I bought it a couple days ago and I've enjoyed the hell out of it.

That game is awesome.

be glad you haven't bought an xbox 360.

Why?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 02:27:23 PM by Otis Da HousKat »

Yeah, I love my 360. Nothing wrong with it at all. It's great.

YOU HAVE A 360? D: maybe you should get me one, hehehe

well i have the original old Xbox... how much was the 360?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:24:14 PM by Masterlegodude »

YOU HAVE A 360!?!?!?!*passes out* you lucky dog you (thinks to himself)(i wonder if he'll give me the 360 when halo 3 comes out)..hehe XD, we still i have plain old Xbox :(, how much was the 360?

$400 dont buy the $300 one or you'll be laughed at.

Not really, not unless you live in a poor town, where people don't have $400.

Not really, not unless you live in a poor town, where people don't have $400.

If you cant afford $400 you shouldnt be buying games at all.

say, i would have a 360 but sombody in microsoft leaked that there was another shipment coming in. bastard

Games going from PC to consul SUCK!...don't do it....the controls will be to small and limited...and the consul...well..maybe no the next generateion consuls...won't be able to play it

Games going from PC to consul SUCK!...don't do it....the controls will be to small and limited...and the consul...well..maybe no the next generateion consuls...won't be able to play it

The 360 supports any usb keyboard, and it shouldnt have problems pumping out the monster graphics in Blockland.

hmmm....Wasn't this post about the Garage Games/Badspot retail deal? And if i remeber correctly "XBox 360" should be posted in the [Off topic...] disscusion...
                                 *reads paper* Topic hijacked :o

I dont think he has done anything, production just stops during the winter with this guy...