Author Topic: Wikipedia  (Read 3291 times)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockland

Blockland's development was heavily influenced by user mods created during the open beta stage. Some features that can be seen in the retail edition that were influenced by user mods include: letter/print bricks, the brick selection system and interactive bricks to an extent.

The large number of user mods also led to the development of a plugin add-on system, making it much easier to manage the large amount of user created content available for the game.

Eric was approached by LEGO for a job but declined, and then the game, originally free, was developed into a retail product. Blockland is still updated with content/patches/bug fixes.

Seriously, what?

Ha ha, it's too bad Roblox doesn't even have an article.

Ha ha, it's too bad Roblox doesn't even have an article.

:( Now their spys will create one thanks to you :(

What do you find wrong about that? Am I missing something?

:( Now their spys will create one thanks to you :(
Even better.

The Roblox article had been recreated and deleted 5 times.

badspot was offered a job by lego? i would of totaly accepted it and made a pwnzor mmropg based on legos if i was him. and roblox would have never existed

Lego's deal was bad, and roblox would be here anyway.

Lego basically wanted Badspot to move out to Denmark or whatever and listen to the ideas of big sweaty kids all day as they told him how to make his game.

Didn't Badspot look into it but they never called him back?

Also, the whole point of the topic is this..

Some features that can be seen in the retail edition that were influenced by user mods include: letter/print bricks, the brick selection system and interactive bricks to an extent.

Seriously, what?

Yea, a few things in Retail were first in one user mod or another, but retail has blown away the quality that was done in said mods.

You guys still aren't getting it.

were influenced by user mods

RTB, etc? I don't know much from the 0002 era

The saving feature, if I remember correctly, was created due to mods like RTB.

All of the mods that are similar to retails where made AFTER badspot showed those retail features around....