Author Topic: How do I figure out my Video Card on a mac?  (Read 600 times)

Today my Grandpa gave me his mac laptop.  It is somewhat old, but runs OS 10.3.9 fine as far as I can tell.  I tried installing blockland, but I got the disk mount error, so I asume that the computer can't run either the downloader, or it can't run blockland, and so it's not mounting anything so that nothing that won't work will install.  Since the computer is somewhat old (it has had a few upgrades btw, so it's not crap) I asume that the video card drivers might need to be updated.  The problem is I can't figure out what card I have so that I can get the right driver.  Any ideas on how to get it, because I'm stumped.

Okay so to check you video card go to the Apple Button in the top left corner and click

Then go to about this mac then more info and go to graphics/display

Also please post what kind of Mac you have as some have integrated video cards and can't be upgraded such as the MacBook (the one I use to play)

When I was downloading on my computer (a G5) I got the same error. I tried two more times, and on the last time the download worked. If you still have that problem, try refreshing the page you're downloading from.