Author Topic: Sequel to "Looking for Graphics Card"  (Read 2937 times)

For the love of god, stop buying computers/computer hardware in stores. You always overpay for inferior hardware(for what you spent).

Y'all whippersnappers and yer "8800gt" or whatever you aw' cawl it.

Still using my stuffty integrated ATI 200m xpress series @256mb on my laptop.

You could have gotten this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150276
It has more then 3 times the processing power and its cheaper. Also here is the best thing i could find on newegg that would fit in your brothers computer. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814139165

Guys, my parents don't trust Newegg.

Mine don't either :/

Your parents are horrible people. And loving handicaps too.

Your parents are horrible people. And loving handicaps too.
YES, YES THEY ARE.

8500 = crap
Because I'm not buying the most loving expensive thing on the market that my computer won't be able to loving run, and is too expensive for me?

Because I'm not buying the most loving expensive thing on the market that my computer won't be able to loving run, and is too expensive for me?
Well then your doing it wrong.

You could have gotten this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150276
It has more then 3 times the processing power and its cheaper. Also here is the best thing i could find on newegg that would fit in your brothers computer. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814139165

LOL. 

For $100 you could have got an 8800 GT 512mb.

Tell your parents to get their heads out of the sand and stop believing every piece of sensationalist crap the media keeps ramming down our throats. The internet isn't some monster trying to steal your identity. Obviously use common sense and stick to mainstream sites but don't lose your head "just because". For gods sake...use PayPal; Its used by millions of people on a daily basis and is secure.

The argument that "oh I don't need the most powerful card on the market" is invalid on the grounds that you over payed for a piece of technology that is way out of date.

Unlike others, I'm not comparing mine by pirating Crysis, instead, I enjoy the games I have, I see no real issues with the card I have, I only see the imaginary ones you guys are making.  Bottom line: It loving works, and it does it's job damn well.  Oh, and I got the PNY version of the card, if that changes anything.

Unlike others, I'm not comparing mine by pirating Crysis, instead, I enjoy the games I have, I see no real issues with the card I have, I only see the imaginary ones you guys are making.  Bottom line: It loving works, and it does it's job damn well.  Oh, and I got the PNY version of the card, if that changes anything.

I used my laptop for a long time. Everything was perfect. My bro got a new computer. It was perfect, suddenly my laptop got slower. Then I get a new computer, and now I can't even play blockland due to the lag and bad graphics, and my bro's computer is laggy.

Firstly, I payed for my copy of Crysis so I hope your not insinuating that I pirated it.

Secondly, I already answered your claim that "but I don't even need all that power". Yes, that 8500 may be able to run all the games you like at the settings you like. You still got ripped off big time and that is the point. Your buying decision was foolish not because you didn't get the "best card on the market", but because you over payed.

PNY is a brand of card, and since all the cards are made off a reference design it really doesn't make much difference. The modifications some manufacturers make is by increasing the core clock speed and/or increasing the video memory on the card.