Author Topic: [SS]Public Server....spammed  (Read 6334 times)

I hate it when people compare games to politics.

I hate it when foolish kids try to talk about history and politics, something they know nothing about.

Wow. These forums haven't lost the essence of idiot. Well, I apologize for ever thinking about talking in an academic language. No I wasn't trying to be smart, just making a stupid joke that the kids on their period took literally because they go around the forums and can't find anything to say so they insult people trying to get the respect from others... OH!... oops, I better dumb this ice cream down in order to not set off a smart ass bitch fit. Well, in a nutshell, you guys all be trying to fade me whenever I say something smart or type too long because it makes you look bad by comparison. So you call a 16 year old a little kid. Man, dat ice cream be cold.

Don't give me that bullstuff about me confusing communist dictatorship. I can contrast between the two. If I were to be talking about a dictatorship I wouldn't say anything about the economy or the stat, I would only talk about the admin being all powerful and the people get their stuff done while under the admins rule... playa. So why bitch at me when people are equally involved as I am. Don't playa hate.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:17:05 AM by spoot »

if you're 16, your parents must be dissapointed.

I'm sure some other people's parents would be dissapointed at the sad exchange of insults too.

well played wedge... well played.  :cookieMonster:

i think spoot should calm down though. he said shiet many a times out of anger. lol icecream.

Wow, can't you say a sentance without swearing or freaing out? Or are you just angry that someone proved you wrong? Also you can't compare/contrast things that aren't on the same "playing field". So don't flame me for your lack of common sence. So chill dude...seriously... : P

Too bad you can't hear my tone of voice. I'm not mad. You guys just go crazy whenever I say anything too long. And I never said the word compare. I said contrast. Meaning that I can tell the differences between the two. So how the hell can you not contrast it?! Tell me how you proved me wrong, you didn't back up what you said at all. You can definitely compare and contrast things that are on the same "playing field". People do it all the time through books and such. In the book Animal Farm for example, it has references to the Russian revolution. And I'm pretty sure Soviets and farm animals are not on the same "playing field". Are you making crap up or something? Jesus Christ, did you just scan through what I said without picking up any meaning?

But anyways, people need to stop spamming the SS server. They just do it when they don't have ideas for a build or they just get more pleasure out of spamming than building.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 05:55:24 PM by spoot »

(um sure, i just looked at your paragraph and said to myself, "I don't care",o and you said that you type to long to make ppl look dumb, thats the most irrational way to talk to a person :P)

-But back to the original poin of the thread, the spammers look for new ways to break out of spam protection like Astro's update, so if the admin's just removed building rights from anyone that joins or lock the server (PTTA), then there would be fewer outbreaks of spam. This spam problem can be dealt with, all you have to do is know what spammers are trying to accomplish through acts of stupidity
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 06:48:40 PM by Ronin »

In PTTA v10 we will have a maximum amount of bricks per client and also some other anti-spam scripts that give warnings and then kick and clear the person's blocks. I also suggest getting BV in order to have majority rule, in which people on the server will be able to kick spammers.

max amount of bricks? what about massive build projects can it be togggled for certain players? or admins?

that sounds like it could cut spam down a ton, as long as ppl keep supporting PTTA

I need to move to North Korea more oppressive with Kim Jong Ill.