5 (8.1%)
Windows/Microsoft
44 (71%)
Linux/???
11 (17.7%)
Other
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Mac Vs. Windows Vs. Linux?  (Read 2863 times)

Many of my friends think Windows is better, because they've never used a Macintosh or a Linux. They just base it off of their brothers'/Sisters'/friends' opinions.
Personally,I prefer a Mac, and I also like Windows.See my avatar. But I posted this so Blocklanders could voice their opinion. Please tell me if there is another topic like this,or if it needs to be in a different subforum.

Rex

I prefer windows. Those Mac advertisements are so full of stuff I want to slap something.

I prefer windows. Those Mac advertisements are so full of stuff I want to slap something.
I feel the same way. I might have a little more respect for Apple if it weren't for their commercials. It seems like they never actually state a postitive thing about Macs. All they try do do is beat down on Microsoft.

By the way, I voted for Windows.

It's propaganda, and Apple should be ashamed.

I see someone voted for Linux. :D

By the way,I've never used a Linux. But If I were given a choice between a brand-new Mac Desktop or a Brand new Vista,I might chose the Mac because they are easier to move to different rooms, due to the newer Macs not having a 'box' or 'tower'.
But, Windows is easier to work for me, and more programs are compatible for it.

Windows, for the compatibility, and flexibility with almost all computer hardware and software. It is also supported more than any other platform making it easier to fine appropriate drivers and tools needed to upgrade and maintain a computer.

I prefer windows. Those Mac advertisements are so full of stuff I want to slap Steve Jobs.

forget those over-priced pieces of stuff. Macs have almost non of the functionality of a Windows PC. You get a Mac(or any Apple product) to be a trendy jerk and say you have one. Steve Jobs and his cronies shovel some new stuff out the door and cigarettes like you lap it right up.

cigarettes like whom?

Probably the same cigarettes who really buy into that "Macs are the true media PCs" bullstuff.

i would respect macOS way more if it was another OS for PC's

but the fact that they need an entirely different computer is just lame. they are trying to hold a monopoly at the wrong end lol

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I was asking since he didn't point to anyone specific, but his post has cleared up my confusion.

I feel the same way. I might have a little more respect for Apple if it weren't for their commercials. It seems like they never actually state a postitive thing about Macs. All they try do do is beat down on Microsoft.

By the way, I voted for Windows.
I love those adds.  What better way to sell a stuffty product than to say it's better than anotherone by saying the other is stuff.