Author Topic: Events - onPrintChange and setPrints  (Read 13020 times)

Print Events
Two events for prints. Useful in many situations!

Description
These events are helpful for print-related events. I seem to be the first to release print setting events, as well. Print lists are generated using $print... var's, so the server can change the prints and this should still work.

• Input Event: onPrintChange is triggered when the print is generally changed.
  • Output Event: setPrint sets both TEXT and IMAGE prints.
  •    TEXT: Best used for print keyboards. It works on symbols, such as, % and &.
  •    IMAGE: The list is generated dynamically at server start.

Credit to
Adam487 for original "ifPrintThenRelay" Output Event

Downloads
Download Page
New Save of "The Cow Says"

Note: The picture on top is a quick 5-frame animation of how it can works, it looks better ingame, obviously. It works just like the version in the tutorial.

*onPrintChange can only Target the brick because it hooks directly into setPrint. Changing it to use the printer, so it can get Client and Player, would make this not function for such things as print keyboards. So unless you want to hand out trust to change prints, this will work for now.

ifPrintThenRelay: You can either enter for a Text print, or select a image print from the list. The checkbox determines which it will read.

Checkbox Unchecked: Makes it only look at text prints.
Checkbox Checked:    Makes it only look at image prints.

Updated: If you downloaded before 10/13/08 10:52 AM EST, re-download.

Fixed not being able to set symbols.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:54:53 AM by MegaScience »

This is awesome man!
YAY! FIRST POST!  :cookie:

oooh the cow goes mooo...... (dling :D)

Another thing to add to the Portal Build. You know when you press a switch and the "X" turns to a checkmark? Well, yah.

Dam, noobs went on a spam-spree. Moved most topics to at least page 2

setPrint isn't an event, and it works off printID. There's no like...$ list of prints, so this makes one and etc etc...it works.

I've been waiting for these, now you can make messages appear, and now I can make something I can't say aloud.

This is awesome man!
YAY! FIRST POST!  :cookie:
I'm afraid MegaScience has the first post.

I needed these :D

so did i :D i forget what for, but i still could use them....maybe for my upcoming [secret]challenge[/secret]

cool awesome cookies for you  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: