Author Topic: Metal Gear 2.1: Presidential Race  (Read 1167 times)

So I was playing Meat Gear Solid 2 again a few weeks back, and I noticed something. When the President mentions the Patriots, the screen shows 12 members, slowly each figure's portrait comes on screen (Happens again when Solidus explains why he is a moron). So while this was happening I saw a picture of Barack Obama on a Time magazine cover, normal huh. Here's the funny part, right as I looked up, a portrait came on screen that resembled the Democratic nominee's profile. There is a striking similarity. Coincidences are fun.

Funny, that part of MGS2 takes place in 2009. Either way, awesome:

[From the game]

[Mr. Obama himself]

[Please note this is supposed to be humorous, not serious. I am not a nutjob yet]

[Also please don't put spoilers from the new MGS, let's play fair ok?]
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 03:03:12 PM by Ronin »

thats brilliant, I wonder if theres somthing like this on any of the other MGS games.

Usually there are tons of easter eggs relating to Kojima's other games, and other things.

This is an unexpected one, pure coincidence. But awesome none the less.

Like on Manic Mansion when you get the chainsaw but no Petrol, then on Day of the Tentacle you get Petrol but no Chainsaw. I like this :D

Rot has come to the best conclusion I have heard,

Kojima has a time machine.

It all makes sense now!

Change the topic name, Metal Gear Solid is only part of the METAL GEAR series. Metal Gear 2 is the above.

Change the topic name, Metal Gear Solid is only part of the METAL GEAR series. Metal Gear 2 is the above.
No, you can go to hell, this was just supposed to be a farce styled topic name.

BTW The day I listen to your suggestions, is the day I stop being a man and take a bullet to my head.