Author Topic: New Weapon: Gravity Gun  (Read 29836 times)

that looks like it should fire bolts of electricity and fit over your hand too

I've ported it for myself, but I might as well delete mine and download this :D It might fix the portal gun problem I have, where right click does not shoot a red portal.
This Gravity Gun includes a general script I made for weapons with "Alternate Fire" functions, used by it and the Portal Gun.

The script you have (ported from v8) may not work because of the Tank vehicle - currently, it breaks some trigger functions and won't allow jet triggers to be detected unless you execute the tank first. (which this does)

This Gravity Gun includes a general script I made for weapons with "Alternate Fire" functions, used by it and the Portal Gun.

The script you have (ported from v8) may not work because of the Tank vehicle - currently, it breaks some trigger functions and won't allow jet triggers to be detected unless you execute the tank first. (which this does)

Indeed, new one fixed the problem.

BTW, Using packer's model. loving AMAZING.

I have a grav gun already but I think difference is the beam and the shape.Grav Gun I have isnt the printer/horse ray recolored

I think you should repackage the Add-Ons (Portal, Gravity, etc.) so that they don't require one another, even if they are using some of the same code.  Also, if you're making the Portal Gun offer Gravity Gun-like functionality (which is fine), I would just not offer the Gravity Gun separately (which I guess would solve the one Add-On requiring another).

The Gravity Gun has a 'push' function which the Portal Gun's pickup mode does not, and adds the new projectile type for it. In any case, the only "dependency" is the Portal Gun having the Gravity Gun installed - nothing else.

The Gravity Gun has a 'push' function which the Portal Gun's pickup mode does not, and adds the new projectile type for it. In any case, the only "dependency" is the Portal Gun having the Gravity Gun installed - nothing else.

Meh, I'd just make one thing do it all.  One thing that can do everything the gun in Portal can do would be just fine.

I made a shape of its own for it, you can use it if you want. If you don't want it could you make a new gravgun script that the shape file can be changed to what ever shape wanted.

http://www.mediafire.com/?aa4hfy68utd

Headcrab'ish.

I can't seem to properly use Packer's model with the Gravity Gun. Tutorial/PrePackage please?

I've just used the default Printer model for this, so set the shapeFile of grGunImage to whatever path you want it to be. Eye offsets are set for this weapon (and the default Printer), so the model will stay in the same place in first person, without regard to arm movements or moving "inside" walls.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 10:00:49 AM by Space Guy »

Spaceguy you should combine this with your portal gun and make it so that when you hold down both the left and right buttons it does the grav gun and the just left is blue portal just right is orange portal