Author Topic: Titanic (Physical model)  (Read 8105 times)

Repost from: June 15, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a 1/144 scale ship I have been working on recently. I'm building it from scratch using Robert Hahn's Titanic plans. This is reaching about 50-60 hours of work so far, and is quite an overwhelming task. Here are some pictures of the hull frame progress and a deck bollard:

The stern (upside down)

The bow

A well deck bollard

In case you're wondering, the ship is 6'2" long.

More images. The frame is now fully assembled (though not glued):

Yet another update. I have embarked on a daunting task: the stern. As you will notice, there are places not covered with strips; these will be filled with balsa as it was on the aft-most point of C-deck. Comments are still appreciated.

I have completed the lamination and have started the filling and sanding stage. It still requires being filled again as the wood has started to breathe and disrupt the current layer. Hopefully this problem will desist. Here are the pictures, and please overlook the overly messy shop. I am not an organized worker.

You really love the titanic huh? Imagine if you made a giant add on I bet it would crash the server.

This is my first coat of primer. The shape is still not perfect.

Your ship is as long as I am tall! :D

What happened to that hull plating you were gonna put on?  :(

What happened to that hull plating you were gonna put on?  :(

The hull needs to be shaped first.

Nice work, I see you're into woodcrafting as well

This is my fist time working with wood.

Planning on selling it? I say 300$ is fair.

The hull needs to be shaped first.

I realize that. I just thought you would apply the primer after the plating. I guess it makes sense if you account for 2 primers.

I'd keep it and not sell it.