Author Topic: Digitial Media Class project  (Read 6039 times)

laugh if you have to.
it's not my best, but it's one of my first real photoshopped images.
using photoshop cs3.

Haha, Not too bad! Love the tie. ;)

Get your hair layered. D:

What is that mop doing on your head?

What is that mop doing on your head?

My Ribs hurt now D:

But really why is there a mop on his head  :cookieMonster:

For some constructive criticism:

Using this random googled image as reference for example: http://www.ultimatetaxi.com/in_the_news/the_web_magazine_cover.jpg

1.The cover is just way too empty, see the example doesn't spare a inch?
2.The text is too bland.  Big text simply doesn't look good for graphic presentation if it is simply a solid color, see how all the text in the example has some type of boarder?  Varied boarder thinness and color is key.
3.The background is too bland.  Sure you have text over it, but a solid or gradent background simply doesn't give presentation.  You don't have to give a whole picture of you, but a simple background image of a building or something would add allot.
4.Add more then just text for the presentation.  Thumbnails are probably the best path to go, just some simple pictures of the subject matter would add allot.
5.A bar code like the one on the example would add some depth to the cover.
Edit6: Feather edge your image just a tiny bit, would make it less rough.

It's not bad, but it's nothing extraordinary. All you really did was add some text over a gradient and add a picture of you. Admittedly, you did the text and layout nice, but...
Okay, I don't know where I'm going with this.
Good job.

Using this random googled image as reference for example: http://www.ultimatetaxi.com/in_the_news/the_web_magazine_cover.jpg

2.The text is too bland.  Big text simply doesn't look good for graphic presentation if it is simply a solid color, see how all the text in the example has some type of boarder?  Varied boarder thinness and color is key.
3.The background is too bland.  Sure you have text over it, but a solid or gradent background simply doesn't give presentation.  You don't have to give a whole picture of you, but a simple background image of a building or something would add allot.
4.Add more then just text for the presentation.  Thumbnails are probably the best path to go, just some simple pictures of the subject matter would add allot.

Good criticism, but it doesn't matter now since i turned it in a week ago and got 100%.

6. Take that Mop off the guys head.