Author Topic: My photography.  (Read 5247 times)

On a recent trip to downtown L.A., I started at the L.A. Cathedral, walked up to the Disney Performance hall and then to the U.S. Bank tower. Here are some of the pictures that I think turned out.

Note: this is my iphone background :P

I also have some good ones of the Grand Canyon, but it was a hazy day and I want to do some photoshop work before posting them.

I really like the fourth one, good job.

These are kinda cool because of the subject matter being cool, but they don't really show any skill...

These are kinda cool because of the subject matter being cool, but they don't really show any skill...
Isn't photography based around having an artistic eye, and not "skill"?

And some of these probably could have been better if I had more time, a tripod, and a better camera.
These were taken with a $300 digital camera (from almost five years ago) at 3.1 Megapixels.

Love the angles, good day for taking photos as well, clear blue skys :O

Love the angles, good day for taking photos as well, clear blue skys :O
Indeed. I will admit that I could've picked a better time of day. I like the lighting on most of the shots, but I have some pictures where I couldn't find a shadow to take the picture from, meaning the sun washed out the shot.

Isn't photography based around having an artistic eye, and not "skill"?
There is skill involved with taking pictures.  Sure just taking a picture of something is easy in of itself, but with a good amount of skill you can make a picture with a good subject matter just stand out.

There is skill involved with taking pictures.  Sure just taking a picture of something is easy in of itself, but with a good amount of skill you can make a picture with a good subject matter just stand out.
True.
But wouldn't you agree that to do that, you need an extremely tuned and/or developed artistic eye?

Define what you mean by "artistic eye"

You took a picture of my moms work. I live in L.A

I hate church's that spend alot of money on thier church.

I hate church's that spend alot of money on thier church.
I just hate churches altogether.