How to make Prints.

Author Topic: How to make Prints.  (Read 8305 times)

Hello, If you are new to Blockland, or making Prints, this is the place to be.

To make a Print, first of all, your going to need sizes. And being able to use: Transparency. (I'd recommend using Paint.NET OR Abode Photoshop, Fauxto OIE (Online Image Editor), and GIMP might work (See Post Below). NEVER USE PAINT!)

For 1x1's you'll need a 256x256 Pixel image. And a 64x64 of same thing.

For 1x2f, you'll need a 256x512 Pixel image. And of course, a 64x48, then a 64x64 canvas for the menu.

For 2x2f, you'll need a 512x512 Pixel image. And another 64x64 Pixel image of the same thing.

OK, this one is long, It's a 2x2r (Ramp), and requires some experience with Blockland.
You'll need: A 512x512 Pixel Image along with the icon image (64x64 Pixels). First make the 512x512 Pixel image, then, make the icon, then, go to: Blockland\base\data\shapes and get the brickRAMP.png and put it on the 512x512 image. Make the pack and your done!

Then to package, take the first .ZIP and Extract it to a folder either on your Desktop, or in Your Documents. Then delete all the Prints inside it. Then add your Print folder to another .ZIP with the name: Print_#x#*_(Name Here)

Or , the complicated way. Make a folder/ZIP with the name: "Print_#x#*_(Name Here)" (Replace the both #'s with say 2 and 2 for 2x2 and the asterisk (*) with a "f" for a 2x2f pack.). Make a description.txt file using:
Title: (Title Name)
Author: (Author Name)
(Description Here)
Then, make a .CS file that says:
Code: [Select]
//do nothing - print loading is handled automatically
2 folders named: "icons" and "prints".
There. It's ready for packing.

Do NOT use thumbnails in the folder view while making prints, if so, there will be a file named: Thumbs.db in the package, which slows the avatar loading time in a server.

CHEESE Tutorials©
Good luck with 'em!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 06:42:01 PM by CHEESE »

I'd recommend Paint.Net, its free and easy to use, unlike APS.

Wow thanks! This is pretty useful. Why isnt this stickied?

Wow thanks! This is pretty useful. Why isnt this stickied?
Because it isen't stickied.
And help whit what?

Thanks for showing me how

I'd recommend Paint.Net, its free and easy to use, unlike APS.
Alright, I'll put that there instead of APS.

I don't think that what your print is for changes the dimensions it needs. As long as it is 2x2, 4x4, 8x8, 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512 or anything higher following the same pattern.

I don't think that what your print is for changes the dimensions it needs. As long as it is 2x2, 4x4, 8x8, 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512 or anything higher following the same pattern.
OKAY. I understand. But the definition I'm getting at, is that the sizes I'm saying have better detail.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 08:41:37 PM by CHEESE »

Just push-ing this back to the top.

Just push-ing this back to the top.
It's called a: BUMP. Because your BUMP-ing it back to the top. Also, thanks.

The coolest thing, i think i could actually make these things (if i can get paint.net working).
Thanks for your wicked and mint guide.

The coolest thing, i think i could actually make these things (if i can get paint.net working).
Thanks for your wicked and mint guide.
Thanks. I needed a confidence boost. Not! Still though, thanks for the comment!

To make a Print, first of all, your going to need sizes. And being able to use: Transparency. (I'd recommend using Paint.NET OR Abode Photoshop. NEVER USE PAINT!)
What about GIMP?