Author Topic: Truenos Song  (Read 3806 times)

I've been writing this for a while now. Its about Half done, and the midi file doesnt really do the song justice :) if you have guitar pro you'll get a better idea of what the song sounds like. comments are appreciated.

Mkay
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:34:38 AM by Mr_Grinch14 »

The 5/4 sounds handicapped unless thats the sound you're going for.

I like the 3/4 triplet feel eighth notes at the end.

EDIT: FIX THE BASS AND GUITAR CLASHING NOTES AT THE END.

The bass changes chords and the guitar doesn't.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:47:17 PM by TapeDeck »

I've heard more inspiring/entertaining songs in Runescape.

I have nothing against you and I'm not trying to troll, but I just think that really sucked.

I've been writing this for a while now. Its about Half done, and the midi file doesnt really do the song justice :) if you have guitar pro you'll get a better idea of what the song sounds like. comments are appreciated.

I don't think additions to songs retroactively redeem the poor quality of the first half of a song.

I'm not saying your improvements won't help it, but I doubt you will be able to bring the quality up to an acceptable level without fundamentally changing it.

EDIT: Since it apparently isn't obvious enough, my prior statement on the quality of the song is simply a personal opinion. You can't objectively review music.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 03:31:54 PM by Reactor Worker »

I don't think additions to songs retroactively redeem the poor quality of the first half of a song.

I'm not saying your improvements won't help it, but I doubt you will be able to bring the quality up to an acceptable level without fundamentally changing it.

Half done means to me that the concept or musical ideas are only half complete. And i wanted to get some ideas or suggestions based on the comments i received.

And well i sure as hell got some comments so i better get to work. I'm not going to abandon the song becuase you think it sucks. It was written for me, but i enjoy writing and thats how you get better. Practice.

And honestly reactor, people listen to hard core rap music and screamo type death metal. What is an Acceptable level described as?

Also:
1. I have Fundamentally changed it several, several times. Its going to happen again.

2. I would like to see your music, i just need an idea of what it should be like i guess

3. forget off its my song :P

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 03:29:14 PM by Mr_Grinch14 »

The 5/4 sounds handicapped unless thats the sound you're going for. -thats what i want

I like the 3/4 triplet feel eighth notes at the end. -Thanks, subject to change though

EDIT: FIX THE BASS AND GUITAR CLASHING NOTES AT THE END. - lol dont worry

The bass changes chords and the guitar doesn't. - yes i realize that, i'll fix it.

Also, reactor. Could you tell what specifically sucks.

Is it the way i resolve chords?
Is it the way it fits together? (like an essay that has good sentances but just doesnt flow)
Do you not like the type of music?

What speciffically dont you like. I'm honestly not trying to be a smart ass, i just want to know whats wrong becuase i love writing songs and i want to get better, i really do. I've been a musician (violin) and i thought i might be fun to take on something thats not Bach or Scales. So i pulled out my guitar, and my brothers bass and i worked on this song. I've changed it several times and i'll change it again.

What is wrong with it without saying "Oh it just sucked"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 03:36:04 PM by Mr_Grinch14 »

The piece felt disjointed. It seemed to lack a defined genre, but at the same time it didn't really establish it's own.

It kinda felt like you were going to suddenly burst out into this amazing, hearty, rock song with lots of "umph" behind it, but the epiphany never came along.

Perhaps the it's the stuffty MIDI file that makes it so irksome. Could you record the song in actual guitar notes?

The piece felt disjointed. It seemed to lack a defined genre, but at the same time it didn't really establish it's own.

It kinda felt like you were going to suddenly burst out into this amazing, hearty, rock song with lots of "umph" behind it, but the epiphany never came along.

Perhaps the it's the stuffty MIDI file that makes it so irksome. Could you record the song in actual guitar notes?

I agree, there needs to be more umph. But No, damn it Guitar pro doesnt want to export a WAVE File.

You could use Audacity to record it while the program plays it.

I agree, there needs to be more umph. But No, damn it Guitar pro doesnt want to export a WAVE File.
do you have RSE?

ok then just set your recording tool to stereo mix and hit record in audacity