Author Topic: Treasure Chests  (Read 3347 times)

Only 1 chest apears on the map at a time. When you destroy it, another is being spawned in Port Town area. The maximum distant, from Port Town to the chest, is 1200 meters.

When destroyed, it drops 1000 to 3000 gp.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9241/screenshot001642sj.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8923/screenshot001635dy.jpg

I have 7k now, found 2 when I first played the game and 2 more just today.

Good luck finding one!

I found one yesterday near fort bad. Everyone tried to kill me for the gold.

good point, they DO spawn underwater, unfurtunly.

:D i have found 18 of them. i have spent 5 hours searching for them and only broke a few. *4-5*

Could anyone Draw a quick map showing where the 1200 meter radius is on it. It would help...

Evil Badspot said that when you can no longer see trees/rocks/bushes, means you are out of their spawn area, you have passed that radius.

I found Badspot hiding in the bank and he spawned a chest. first I used a stick of dynamite to try and break it, but only killed 5 people doing it. Then someone attacked it with a sword and 5 dynamite sticks, lit, came out...and killed 5 people.

ive spent 15hours ish searhing for that damn chest and not found a thing...

i dont like that a new player who picks up two chests by luck is richer than me instantly, it means that money in the game now relies on luck rather than skill or effort; even the muling days required effort and some skill

You shouldn't have to rely on chests to get money, and if noobs keep finding more than you don't flame them.

Well, no, not rely on them, but it's a huge help; I can understand miked, everyone is getting all this gear with all this cash by finding these chests and getting this lump sum of cash easily while he spends his whole time searching for it instead of farming or w/e and finds nothing because he's having some bad luck.

In my first day playing this version, I explored Port Town a bit (the new bank, sword giver, beds, etc) and asked for Badspot's castle. On the way to his castle I found a treasure chest - 3000 gp for an 1 hour player.
After a few minutes I went to the Log Challange, and on my way, under the log bridge, I found another treasure chest - 1000 gp in it, total luck!

The last 2 were exacly the same but the opposite - I took the gold hook with a new account and went back to port town (through the SW way, not the bridge) and saw a treasure chest on the way. I don't know why but I went to Badspot's castle few minutes after that, and guess what I found.

I earned 8k gp by total luck, no skills needed, and basaclly I have a huge advantage above other players without doing anything that realy mattars!

So miked is right, the money thing should be changed. I don't care about going back to the muling age. How about making the prices lower (not 5k to lvl2 but 500) but repeatable? So people won't need new accounts to make the challange again.

Or we could keep the chests to save alot of trouble, but put some kind of challenge, speed, stealth, power, w/e a challenge of one of the statistics, and you must be good enough with good enough gear to pass it, here are a few things for example:
-Some sort of boss (I know it's been talk about before)
-Not a huge challenge like the treehouse or log, but a maze, or something
-Have a horde of monsters defend it, monsters of all kinds, one of each for example
-survive some fall or attack to test your stamina

I realy want more hook challanges, they are so fun but there are so few ]=

I would love to see something like the hook challange, with floating logs that bring you to the sky XD