5 (38.5%)
No
5 (38.5%)
In the middle
1 (7.7%)
Good intentions, but no.
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: NS Clan (Noob Savers)  (Read 2226 times)

I am creating a clan that will be known as NS. As you can see, it stands for Noob Savers. You may be wondering why I would ever want to save noobs? Well, I can see that there is much animosity towards noobs, so no one would ever feel like teaching them anything. Basically what I need is a group of people who are willing to be tollerant enough to be in a clan that will help teach noobs to be better blocklanders. Rules:

1:Unfortunately, I will not be allowing noobs into the clan. You may think that this is rather against the point, but it's just simple. Noobs probably can't teach noobs. I won't decide based on your ID, due to some prior complaints, but please meet up with me and we will decide together.

2:Do not threaten the noobs (too much). I will of course allow a little yelling, just if they're being nasty, but you're not going to teach them anything by threatening/yelling/teasing them.

3:Teach noobs! If you join the clan, don't just sit there and do nothing, find a noob and help them! I would like each member to help at least 2 noobs a month.

4:No Elitism. this kind of goes with no threatening noobs, but I don't want anyone being nasty to other clan members either.

5:DO other things too! When you join, you are not required to JUST help noobs, at the same time, build things to show the clan!

List of things for me to do:
Make a website for the clan. ✕
Make a clan Crest ✓
Make a clan motto ✓
Appoint at least 5 other members to the clan ✕
Forward ports ✕

As you can see, I really have much to do for the clan to become fully active. Forwarding ports is my first objective, then making a website. I assume that this topic right now will probably be subjected to lots of flaming, but I assure you, I will work hard to make this clan all it can be! Our app. servers will require you to build something of course, but I will probably also ask you a few things about blockland too and ask you to do some things to prove fully that you are a non-noob.

If you join the clan, your clan tags should look like this:

NS<username> or if you already belong to a clan with its clan tag on that side:
<Player Name>NS (Bet'ya never saw that coming)
And you may add onto that depending on your ranking in blockland.

Our Website- http://www.freewebs.com/noobsavers/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 04:08:37 PM by L »

How do you help n00bs?

I could have assumed that this would be the first reaction..... I plan to help noobs overall by mainly spreading knowledge. Knowledge of how to use events, how to change your charecter, how to install addons, overall, just help them to get to a point that they can protect them selves from a constant stream of perma bans and insults.

Newbs have to learn on their own. That is how we keep the smarter of the bunch while the rest leave to bother some other bunch of gamers.

I am sorry, but I must disagree. I have helped many noobs/newbs and their reaction is what mainly spurred me on. Just them thanking me and trusting me to not be an ass is spurring me on to make a team of people who are dedicated to help them. You may think that they have to learn on their own, but when I was brand new to blockland (around the beginning of last year, I forget when, but my BL_ID is 4976, so I'm just barely under the limit I gave myself ^_^') found it very annoying that there was practically no one who would help me, and I found it increadibly hard to learn. And guess what? I learned about it somewhat by myself, but mainly from more experienced Blocklanders who helped me, and I am forever in their debt. So I want them to become more experienced blocklanders faster, and hopefully, spur them on to help noobs when THEY'RE experienced.

PS:I am sorry that the crest and motto are not up yet, my computer and photo bucket are giving me crap >_<

1, Photobucket is dependant on flash V9 for some reason and V10 or any other non-full/updated version will make it not work.

2. I have been here for a good 1-2 years and know enough to tell that these forums run on a very basic form of natural selection. We  eventually weed out a lot fo the forum goers by doing our thing and they leave. For the game it is not that hard. Few people like me find that it is good to use a tutorial or read a technical manual. If people would do that and take it into their own to learn the basics then they will be better off. What your asking is basically trying to help people who immigrate (legally) and become full citizens while there is a book that does the same thing.

Omega, I <3 your avatar. :cookieMonster:

-_- umm.... ok well anyway, I'll probably be making my own servers pretty soon, and when I do I'll be taking apps for this. I'm just sayin, people who want to help noobs can join. SO maybe this will work, maybe it won't, either way, I'll have fun trying. I've made a clan, and I'll try my best to help it be all it can be.

SO that's the clan crest. The motto is inside the picture. I worked pretty hard on it, and may later add on a blockland screen shot of what it'll look like in BL itself.

this is an incredible idea, i really do want to join this because i feel i have the same motives as you, but sadly i am over 5000.

maybe you can help me though with something, how do i add .bls saves??

like ive tried dling them and all that but i do not know what to do after that, do i copy and past the code it gives me to the code thing in blockland? or do i save it to the saves for the map its in?

I'm sorry that I don't know anything about .bls', since I only use .zip. Aren't .bls' what you use for saves? I think I used one once......

1:Unfortunately, I will not be allowing noobs into the clan. You may think that this is rather against the point, but it's just simple. Noobs probably can't teach noobs. So please, have an ID at least under 5000.

The forget? ID Discrimination. You are being a loving noob right now. If you possibly even want to teach noobs, don't loving think that high IDs are noobs, although most of them are, not all of them.