Author Topic: Ye Olde Tavern (IMAGE HEAVY)  (Read 2447 times)

This is a project I started a little while after I finished this build's sibling; the Ye Olde Noble's Estate. Again, I can't really say how long it took me to make. I went for a few months building for an hour or so and taking little breaks in between to refresh my creativity.

It's a very accurate rendering of my idea of a medieval inn/tavern. It includes everything I could think of that's needed to run a tavern like this one. I used many pictures and historical (sorta) references to make this as realistic as possible. Anything else was just for looks, and to set the mood.

-This is the basic view from the outside. As you can see, I used the same hill design, since it was the only one I could use that I was sure wouldn't get much criticism. You can see the tavern itself, the mini-stables, and the brick trail running along it. 

-A basic view of the interior. You can imagine the greasy, fat peasants guzzling beer, stuffing their faces, and having a great time around this eating area and bar! :D

-The kitchen attached to the main structure. Shelves, boxes and barrels line the walls, with a table holding prepared meals and a charming... slaughtered duck ready for the roasting.

-An example of one of the rooms that line the upper, larger layer of the tavern. Relatively simple, including a bed, table (or chest, in other cases) holding some wine, a book, and a glass. Simple and cheap.

-One of my favorite parts of the build; the bar. It's not complex at all! Just a few kegs of ale, and a shelf holding glasses for the visitors who stop by for a drink. I think it really highlights the idea of a cheerful, carefree tavern.

-Last, and probably least, is the cellar. It wasn't in the original plan, but I really wanted to put something under the hill, like I did with the Ye Olde Noble's Estate, and the tavern staff needed some place to keep their extra supplies.

I hope you've enjoyed your look into my latest, and (in my opinion) best accomplishment. I would like constructive criticism, and any tips to improve the build would be greatly appreciated. If you wish, please rate #/10.

Thank you!

8/10
Thats good build right there I tell you what

Smexy. I like 7.991562 out of ten (rounded to 8)

Slopes around edges is a little meh. Otherwise I like it.

well i dont think that grey is a good color for a Ye Olde tavern, id suggest like some shade of brown.

but what about the already brown tables you ask? well make the floor a light dirt brown and the wood a darker brown/redish

I was just making this for mah RPG! this is way more epic than mine tho... <3 the kegs :)

well i dont think that grey is a good color for a Ye Olde tavern, id suggest like some shade of brown.

but what about the already brown tables you ask? well make the floor a light dirt brown and the wood a darker brown/redish

I agree with you fully. Actually, I encountered this issue before. I tried making the walls a light brown, but I realized that I had too much in the build already to replace the majority of the color (gray) with yet another brown color. It also wouldn't fit the style I was going for, which would take part in a larger project that's now underway.

Now that you give me the idea, I might make a smaller version of the inn using your suggested strategy! :D

well i cant wait to see what it looks like!

Yes My room design was used :D
Simple and Cheap!

Btw good Job

This build is grand :D
9/10.

Reminds me of WoW. Nice.

looks like oblivion lol very nice

Reminds me of WoW. Nice.
looks like oblivion lol very nice

Both key parts in the creation of the build.

Both key parts in the creation of the build.

BE MEH BESTEST FRIEND NAO.

I think you should release the tavern and the nobles estate.

Like a medevil package.