Author Topic: wireless internet.  (Read 1889 times)

Im having my room re-done so i need to know how to get my wireless working for my XP computer because ive never used wireless before. :o

(ive been using my old IBM laptop thats running windows 98 and is very crappy to post on the forums)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:52:13 PM by zoneark »

I duno if 98 can even do that =O
Sorry but I have NO idea how to help.
TO THE GEEK SQUAD AT BEST BUY!!!!!

98 cannot wireless :D

i don't think you guys get what im saying im saying that im typing right now ON the IBM windows 98 i need to get my XP computer working with wireless.

First, is your router (The thing that sends out the signals) connected directly to the internet, or does it connect to a computer which connects to the internet?

(ive been using my old IBM laptop thats running windows 98 and is very crappy to post on the forums)
HAHAHA! You can't be serious...

First, is your router (The thing that sends out the signals) connected directly to the internet, or does it connect to a computer which connects to the internet?
it connects straight to the internet not a computer.

HAHAHA! You can't be serious...
yes i am.

it connects straight to the internet not a computer.

Did any software come with it?

Did any software come with it?
if you mean come with the wireless adapter that i put on the back of the computer no..

you need a wireless router.  then you need to connect your modem to the router.  then you connect to the internet

i dont have a router im running off wireless
yay manbearpig

you need a wireless router.  then you need to connect your modem to the router.  then you connect to the internet
i have a router but when i access it it's not working it keeps saying my default gateway failed

Here you go, This is how it work (A WIRELESS ADAPTOR IS NOT A WIFI ROUTER)

Also, Internet+majic (not magic, that's not real)=WIFI INTERWEBZ!

don't you mean internet modem?

Here you go, This is how it work (A WIRELESS ADAPTOR IS NOT A WIFI ROUTER)

Also, Internet+majic (not magic, that's not real)=WIFI INTERWEBZ!

If its not real then why are the wifi beams "magic"?