Author Topic: how do i package add ons for V10  (Read 1625 times)

everyone says "look in an add on folder and see how there packaged"
ive done that and i done understand how to package it still
i open stuff up thats inside the folder but all it is is a bunch of letters and number im very confused at the moment

Open one of the .zip files in your Add-Ons folder with your file browser, an archive manager or Windows Explorer on Windows XP/later.

Add-Ons are packaged in .zip archives saved directly to the Add-Ons folder - they must include a description.txt file for referencing and either a server.cs or client.cs file. (or both for some mods)

server.cs is executed when you start a server, if the Add-On is enabled. Scripts, weapons, vehicles, sounds, bricks and player types are run here.
client.cs will always execute when you start the client (window, non-dedicated server) copy of Blockland. Use this for GUIs and other such things.

say i wanted to make a big sword....looking like this
would i need a model?i ask this because when i look in the .zip files of add ons i don't see any model files.....i don't think....and this sword would need a fire emitter how would i do that?

......answer me!do i need a model because i never saw a model file in any .zip's i've opened for research and how do i make the sword i want Emmit fire?

You need to find a 3D modelling program capable of exporting in the dts format. This may not be available by default, so you'll have to find plugins/etc. for the program which add that file type. Blender (free but possibly hard to use for beginners) and Milkshape ($35 if I remember right) are examples.

To make it emit fire you need to use a script and the weapon image system, but you need the model first.

I've got a model from Milkshape 3D[just bought it :D] after i got the model what should i do next?

Export it to DTS format with these joints/bones/nodes/whatever defined:
mountPoint - where the handle is
muzzlePoint - same place as mountPoint
emitterA - at the bottom of the blade
emitterB - approximately halfway up the blade

Make sure the model is flat-shaded and the correct scale. It also needs a first-person only (detail level 999 if I remember right) animation called "fire" of it swinging.

Export it to DTS format with these joints/bones/nodes/whatever defined:
mountPoint - where the handle is
muzzlePoint - same place as mountPoint
emitterA - at the bottom of the blade
emitterB - approximately halfway up the blade

Make sure the model is flat-shaded and the correct scale. It also needs a first-person only (detail level 999 if I remember right) animation called "fire" of it swinging.
how do i make a first-person?and does the "fire" animation have to use any special programs?or do i do it in the script.....im confused a bit

You don't need to make a first person model.

Emitters are done by the game; you don't need to worry about it.

i exported the DTS now what?

i understand now a bit all im confused about is what should i type into the server.cs and stuff and description is what the sword/ect. is/does right?

space guy what do i do now i exported the model in a dts now what?

You don't need to make a first person model.
You do for a sword, otherwise it won't animate when you use it in first person.

space what do i do to make a first person?