Author Topic: Input Event - onItemPickup  (Read 11996 times)

Yeah, It kind of conflicts with the EULA you agreed to when you installed Blockland.

As ridiculous as I think licensing Add-Ons is, consider this before bashing him:

The derivative works clause does not apply to plug-ins (Add-Ons) designed for a system (Blockland) designed to accept plug-ins (Add-Ons).

As ridiculous as I think licensing Add-Ons is, consider this before bashing him:

The derivative works clause does not apply to plug-ins (Add-Ons) designed for a system (Blockland) designed to accept plug-ins (Add-Ons).
What would be considered a derivative work then? =/

So you could do Onitempickup (Say theres a sword there) > MiniGame > MessageAll? > Client Has Picked up the sword, Restarting in 5 seconds?
Idea is good.

What would be considered a derivative work then? =/

A derivative work would be taking Blockland and trying to make it into something else.  Making things that extend Blockland when it's designed to be extended is not a problem.  Taking Blockland and trying to turn it into your own thing (this happened A LOT with vanilla) is a problem.

Hold on... my imagination has to warm up before i consider downloading this...
...hmm...

this is kinda like my suggestion?

Very useful, but I'd like to see something that adds support for disarming and arming.

hey you should make, on item activate

I am going to download this  and use it so that when an item or object is picked up it can only be picked up once

Im thinking Boobie trap : Person runs to (Item) and grabs it. . . .THEN. . . .Zombies spawn and run after him and he runs into an invisible plate that disarms you and he hits a dead end :D. . . . .PWNED!

A derivative work would be taking Blockland and trying to make it into something else.  Making things that extend Blockland when it's designed to be extended is not a problem.  Taking Blockland and trying to turn it into your own thing (this happened A LOT with vanilla) is a problem.
Not only is vanilla Badspot's work, but the people modifying it and releasing it probably don't even have the TGE licence.