Author Topic: Input Event - onItemPickup  (Read 12046 times)

I like it but i cant INSTAL ADD-ONS besidse if i could i'd like it

This message came from Hawii

If you are having trouble using the game, ask in Help. This is not the topic to discuss that.

I'd appreciate it if you could remove the massive red text, too. It's spam.

So you could do Onitempickup (Say theres a sword there) > MiniGame > MessageAll? > Client Has Picked up the sword, Restarting in 5 seconds?
[/quote/WTF HAPPENED TO THE QUOTE!!!!!!!!

ya. thats the point. or there could be like a noob trap, or a forbidden object.

Besides, why the hell would you even need a license for a god damn mod.

Hmm, maybe because they dont want copying?
Just a theory

I havn't tried or downloaded it because I can't until Wednesday. But I would like to know the point of this. Couldn't you just use On>PlayerTouch> on the brick you want?
I'm not trying to criticize just would like to know before I download.

If you can make this can't someone make a set inventory mod... That sets all the weps in your inventory?

I havn't tried or downloaded it because I can't until Wednesday. But I would like to know the point of this. Couldn't you just use On>PlayerTouch> on the brick you want?
I'm not trying to criticize just would like to know before I download.

The Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle and several other weapons are much larger than some smaller bricks. If you walk beside the brick it's spawned on or use jets, you can avoid the brick entirely while collecting the item. onItemPickup is triggered when anyone picks up the item, not when they touch the brick it's spawned on.

It also works for items spawned by spawnItem, which have a velocity component, which means they could be a distance from the actual brick.

JUST USE ONPLAYERTOUCH-, it is the same thing!

-Snip-
Thank you for the explination.
Read the post right above yours. -.-

Okay, you're an idiot.

The post directly above yours explained why onPlayerTouch was not the same thing. The two have completely different uses. It would be nice if you actually read the topic before complaining.

WELL! i only look at the first post, i don't care who is beside mine, except a reply.. and i understand it now... Ifool, nice explanation thx

*sorry for bump*

In someday i suggested for this! :D And i Dl'ed it ingame.

I was wondering;
Is it possible to have a brick fire the items a certain player has equiped through events? Maybe like:
onActivate -> playersID -> fireEquipedWeapon. and could it be compatable with the trust system?

Ontopic:
Nice job!
Very effective use in your server a while back.   :P