Author Topic: Admin Controls Manager (V6)  (Read 16079 times)

Admin Controls Manager
A mod for RTB that allows Hosts to change the admin privileges.

Description
This mod for Return to Blockland 2.01 adds a section to the Server Preferences Manager that allows server hosts to change different permissions for admin controls. For example, you can make it so only Super Admins and the Host can change the map in your server, but not normal Admins. This also supports dedicated servers.

To add more commands than the default three that come with the mod, first start up your server with the add-on enabled. After doing so, you'll notice a file in config/server/AdminControls called "cmdList." Open that up in any text editor, and type (on a new line) the command you want added to the server controls.

For example, if you want to add control for /clearallbricks, you would put a new line at the bottom of the file saying "ClearAllBricks." The option to change that between Admins, Super Admins, and Host will then appear on your server control window the next time you start up your server with this mod enabled.

A complete list of default commands that come with Blockland can be found here:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=57844.0

Changelog V5 -> V6:
- Massive update! Script completly re-written.
- The server.cs is roughly five times smaller!
- Now supports customizable serverCmd control!

Screenshots

Download
Server_AdminControls.zip (Last Updated: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:30 pm)

Installation
Put Server_AdminControls.zip into the Add-Ons folder in your Blockland folder.

Click Here to view this file on the RTB Download Manager
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:52:50 PM by Truce »

i found me a bug, if you set anything to host then you cant do that thing in single player, IE) camera-host, single player wont let you use camera.

otherwise its a nice mod

i found me a bug, if you set anything to host then you cant do that thing in single player, IE) camera-host, single player wont let you use camera.

otherwise its a nice mod

Ah yes, that's because in LAN it sets your BL_ID to 99999 (or something like that).
I can't get to the computer with the files on it right now, but I'll be able to fix it as soon as I do.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Saw this is RTB, downloaded it instantly.

Ah yes, that's because in LAN it sets your BL_ID to 99999 (or something like that).
I can't get to the computer with the files on it right now, but I'll be able to fix it as soon as I do.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Just use $server::lan.

Didn't have time to say I updated it when I uploaded the new version.  Was running late thismorning.
Anywho, it's been updated for over 8 hours, with the host glitch fixed. Pretty major one.

Just use $server::lan.

I had planned to, I just mean I had originally used

Code: [Select]
if(%client.bl_id $= getNumKeyID()) {
to check if the user was the host. Thanks though.

Didn't have time to say I updated it when I uploaded the new version.  Was running late thismorning.
Anywho, it's been updated for over 8 hours, with the host glitch fixed. Pretty major one.

I had planned to, I just mean I had originally used

Code: [Select]
if(%client.bl_id $= getNumKeyID()) {
to check if the user was the host. Thanks though.
Check server::lan and if your client == localclientconnection.getID() for host there, which would work.

Except for dedicated LAN.

This and the trust editor are my favorite RTB additions.

Now if only there were more...

Once again, an urgent update. Sorry for all the new versions.

Check server::lan and if your client == localclientconnection.getID() for host there, which would work.

Except for dedicated LAN.

I just used $server::LAN, in which case it executes the command normally, but if it returns false then it checks what the respective $pref is set to, and then executes the command / returns an error message.

So that's what you were making...looks good.