Author Topic: SBL expliot?  (Read 2524 times)

When i start a server on SBL, it says youve been kicked cause u are running TBM. I have TBM installed by accident somewhere on my computer. Isnt this against Mod guidelines?

Delete TBM. How hard is it to understand?

That's not so mcuh an exploit as a forget off TBM message.

This doesn't sound anything like an exploit, sounds like a forget up in coding. On SBL's side.

Well if you are telling the truth, and not just trying to stir up trouble, then yes that would be against the mod guidelines.  It shouldn't be checking your system for TBM files and then stopping you from playing because you have TBM.  That would break rule #5:
5. Safe for Clients - The client side scripts should not open up functions to the server that could result in destruction or unwanted operation.  For instance, you cannot create a commandToClient that will cause a the client to change their avatar $prefs or change their keyboard configuration.

Well if you are telling the truth, and not just trying to stir up trouble, then yes that would be against the mod guidelines.  It shouldn't be checking your system for TBM files and then stopping you from playing because you have TBM.  That would break rule #5:
5. Safe for Clients - The client side scripts should not open up functions to the server that could result in destruction or unwanted operation.  For instance, you cannot create a commandToClient that will cause a the client to change their avatar $prefs or change their keyboard configuration.

I don't think the rule is meant to be applied in that way. If by having it not work means "unwanted operation", then that would mean that any mod with a single bug would be against the rules, since people don't want them there.

Badspot

• Administrator
It's not against any specific rule, but it clearly violates the spirit of the guidlines and should be removed.

The download link for the mod is busted so I can't verify it.  I've moved it to the snippets section for the time being. 

It's not against any specific rule, but it clearly violates the spirit of the guidlines and should be removed.

The download link for the mod is busted so I can't verify it.  I've moved it to the snippets section for the time being. 
Take a look at PTTA while you're at it. Violates plenty - about 3, some multiple times - of your mod rules, and you'd said mod snippets are still under the same expectations.

Well Mocheeze, I only said that because he said
When i start a server on SBL, it says youve been kicked cause u are running TBM. I have TBM installed by accident somewhere on my computer. Isnt this against Mod guidelines?
Like the script was searching for TBM files and stopping the game because they existed. Similar to the "virus" in TBM (I don't call it a virus, hence the quotes) that looked for AiO files.

Take a look at PTTA while you're at it. Violates plenty - about 3, some multiple times - of your mod rules, and you'd said mod snippets are still under the same expectations.
some of the things with ptta are really usefull but others are downright abusive. and its really hard to get installed, if they could make an installer that actually fully installs it, then i would be happy with it

some of the things with ptta are really usefull but others are downright abusive. and its really hard to get installed, if they could make an installer that actually fully installs it, then i would be happy with it
My point isn't whether PTTA is good or bad, my point is that if Badspot's going to keep the current mod rules he should enforce them.

i agree 100% with that.