Author Topic: Post Your Clay Creations  (Read 4881 times)

This is a topic meant for posting clay creations you've made.

This is the only picture that I've taken of something I've made, it's a character I made up about 2 years ago:

I'm working on Zero from Megaman Zero right now, using some strong oven-bake-clay and some Revoltech joints:

I'll post a picture of the Gun's sculpt once it's finished, and if you don't know who Zero is, here's a pic':

Also, I know that there has been some custom clay Zero figures with Revoltech joints in them, and yes, I guess I did copy the idea, but mine looks completely different from the only two I'm aware of.  And for those of your who just skim by only looking at pictures and not reading stuff, please note that
I DID NOT MAKE THIS:

But really, it is extremely similar, since his is made out of clay aswell as mine is, but he did not make the hands (nor will I be; using some hands from a revoltech figure) and I honestly find alot of the body details to be completely innaccurate

So, after seeing that picture, in about 2 weeks I'll have my prototype finished.  Then I'll ask which one you guys think is better.

The first picture kinda looks like Mew Two from Pokemon :D

Pretty awesome, Lalam =D

The first picture kinda looks like Mew Two from Pokemon :D

mew2 is obese.

i'm kinda good at clay stuff, but i ran out of clay </sadfase>

Took a few million years to harden the rock, and push it together:

huh

Here are some WIPs; Zero, and a Bloko-Minifig head.  I don't think I'll be finishing the Bloko-Minifig Head made in this picture, because A: It looks like crap, but that's because I rushed and did it in 3 minutes, and B: I've tried it several other times, and I found it to be too hard:

And here's a closer look at the Zero and Bloko-Minifig Head:

I know, the pictures look like crap, but my camera isn't all that amazing, and I've never been good at picture taking.

I can't see the first picture :(

I'm don't really play with clay right now since I have none, but I have done some small animations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROfvDGxk87w&feature=PlayList&p=8779CBA23C97C114&index=3
i saw ur hnad in teh furst 1 lawl

Holy stuff..,That is an awesome Zero...

That's a really cool idea, and your project so far is looking awesome. Where can I purchase some of these Revoltech joints? Hobby shops? Or can you point me to an internet store?

That's a really cool idea, and your project so far is looking awesome. Where can I purchase some of these Revoltech joints? Hobby shops? Or can you point me to an internet store?
Toy-Wave.com is the only place I'm aware of selling the joints seperate from the figures; they come with these japanese figures based off of robots, and other anime characters.  For example:

Kaiyodo's first line of these figures only had accouple, then they advanced to making the little armor pieces use them.

I just buy some of the figures and scrap them for the joints, although the figures look nice on my shelves.

They're pricey, for their size.  The figure itself is maybe 4 inches tall, and there are 5 different kinds of joints:

And the biggest one is like, 1 cm thick, the ball.

I have no idea what the tool thing next to it is, it's supposed to "fix" the joints, but I don't see how they could possibly break.  And if they did, how that would help it..

The set on toy wave is about $12, just search "revoltech" and look around for the picture like the one above, they have more than one set; different colors. 

They sell a figure with about 60 revoltech joints, I would suggest buying that one, if you want joints. It costs about $20.  But it's hard to find since it was the most popular out of the revoltech line, and revoltech has become one of the most popular figure lines.  I managed to grab one, but it was from a japanese site, and they just got a restock; I think it's sold out now.
You can go searching for it though, Revoltech "Laevatein" from Full Metal Panic.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 03:56:45 PM by L@L@M24 »