Blockland RPG

Author Topic: Blockland RPG  (Read 6266 times)

The following was posted on the Scatteredspace boards and is an idea to create an economic system within the game. This environment would be based on using blockland itself and the [ss] forum boards to keep track of what’s going on and economic status.

Now I was wondering if anyone would like to have a Blockland RP division. This division would include using the money in RTB to gain items and a Role playing environment.

My idea is to combine:
-A simple town that we could work on full with shops, houses, businesses and items. Owners of businesses would receive a large amount of money to help start out their business. People would also have to work for a business to get paid so that they can build more as blocks would cost money. As time would go on building would start to rise and as economics of the game increases leaving some people with a higher social status. Also people can gain a rank per say such as town’s keeper, mayor, and merchant, ECT.

-A stargate type world. People could travel though gates to far reaches of maps and discover new towns, worlds, and technology (such as weapons and items considered rare). Separate teams could be created as people explore new areas. Also social status would grow for a group if they found a rare item such as a goblet. There could also a main command center to open and close the gate.
Also like the town idea people could gain ranks such as air force ranks.

(Ranks could be worn on the server and your rank would be noticed under your name on the  Scattered Space forums)

Both of these ideas would take a while to make, as people would have to build a lot; however, rewards could be given for their hard work (such as ranks and considered rare items like OMG THE GOBlET!).

Post here if you like one of these ideas, like to participate, and expand on my ideas.

This would be on a dedicated server. It will also not have a Scattered Space tag.

The goal of this is to create some sort of economics, rank, and activity on a server.

SECOND UPDATE

Ok I need at least 3 people that want to be business owners. I will then make sure that they receive at least $10,000. I’m thinking that each brick will cost $10 to plant. Workers will have the default pay. Anyone working for a business must be paid hourly while they are on.

THIRD UPDATE

Ok current business owners are:

Freaky: (name of business)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here are some of the current classes I am adding into the RP division:

Business owner

Business employee

Farmer

Banker

House owner/land owner (everyone must build a house first)

Super market owner

Mayor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once everyone chooses a class I will at a new group or tag on the forums (scattered Space)

Once someone reaches a specific amount of money their class can change and can also gain a level. Everyone would start at level one and can for the moment reach up to four. An example would be:

Blinkz
[Farmer] lvl:(1)

Levels will be determined by an admins (yet to be decided yet) and money

A new section will be added to the forums (scatteredspace) under the blockland division called RP Town Division [BETA]. When someone looks in the section they will see 3 stickied threads showing the classes or businesses (I haven’t decided which one yet). From there people can talk about what’s going on. Two major things that will be posted in those treads will be current events such as:

Blinkz
[Farmer] lvl:(1)

Rain washed the crops today. I am attempting to re-grow the crops.
------------------

Another thing that will be in the threads will be pay roll such as:

Work employee
[worker] lvl:(1)

Hours worked: 1
Date: 3/19/06

(From there the boss of the company will have to pay their worker the next time they see them on to that amount of money)

Now depending what your class is, you may have different ways of getting money.
Some may get money from their Boss; however, people such as farmers get money by selling crops to other people.

Latter on I will discuss how crops and other items will work in this RP environment. Rules will also be made later on.

We will be using a modified Green Hills map . DL link: http://scatteredspace.com/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5367

Also the server is not up yet.

i like this idea, but i don't want to join the SS forums, would i be able to do this withought having to visit the SS forums?

I suppose. It will be a little more difficult for you to find out current events and your pay roll and such.

For problems such as this I havemade sure that the RP division is open for veiwing as a guest.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 04:41:50 PM by KINEX »

Sweet! I'll sign up on the forums straight away :D

Yeah, this sounds pretty cool.
So, when you are a business owner, do you build your owne building, and choose what itmes you want to sell and such?

i made a stargate in BL once. it was cool. i think we should do both on the SS server. mybe like an alternating system.

Stargate
Simcity
Stargate
Simcity
Stargate
Simcity
Stargate
Simcity etc.

Sure, I'll join in, whenever I play BL.

Hmm, sounds like a nice idea. I used to play Blockland time ago, but now with this new mod RTB it's soooooo ownage. I have to learn all the tricks and stuff. But yeah, you have my vote. Just keep the realism, i wouldn't like it to be the same as Ragnarok which sucks ass with its fantasy and powers hmpft.

It's not like registering on the SS Forums will make you asplode, Facechild. It has a lot more info there, so it's usefull if you want to particapate.

Lag.

A mod snipper would be good, where there are money triggers, people constantly regenerate, you get money for killing/lose money for dying (either then Self Delete), your money is saved into an info file on the admin server, you had to buy your bricks, you could cut down trees for money, mine rocks for money, and other stuff.

That is a REAL rpg.