Author Topic: TOO MANY ADD-ONS  (Read 1331 times)

PEOPLE INSTALL TO MANY loving ADD-ONS AND ENABLE THEM IN THEIR SERVER. IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 3 DAYS FOR THE AVERAGE SERVER TO LOAD. AT FIRST, I THOUGHT I HAD TO MANY ADD-ONS, BUT THEN I SAW THAT PEOPLE DOWNLOADED ALMOST ALL THE ADD-ONS POSSIBLE.

THATS WHY I NEVER GO ONLINE. THEIR.

Like Otis said, don't go to stuffty servers. Good servers have only a few add-ons enabled, while stuffty servers have a huge forget load of add-ons and they are all enabled.

THEIR.
Wrong one, "their" is used to say something belongs to a group of people, "there," and this is the one you should have used, is used in others ways I'm too lazy to type out.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUSE CONTROL FOR COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not really.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUSE CONTROL FOR COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not really.

HELL YEAH!!

I wonder if it would be possible to have a client-side add-on that goes through all the addons you have enabled, adding up the filesize of everything that gets downloaded, and uses that, along with your network settings to make an estimate on how long an average client would take to connect to your server.

I think RtB causes people to download more addons because it is easier.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

If people just download the Add-Ons not through Blockland but off of the RTB Download server, then it would be a lot faster because downloading through Blockland consumes more time.

Then just stop playing blockland....

Go back to runescape

You must be looking to flame anyone, because what he said was quite true. A lot of people, including me, have started downloading more Add-Ons because Its much easier to find good ones with RTB 2.

It'll take "3 days" for a server to load, then once you have all of them, it'll take 10 seconds. Just deal with it and grab some popular ones. \

PEOPLE INSTALL TO MANY loving ADD-ONS AND ENABLE THEM IN THEIR SERVER. IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 3 DAYS FOR THE AVERAGE SERVER TO LOAD. AT FIRST, I THOUGHT I HAD TO MANY ADD-ONS, BUT THEN I SAW THAT PEOPLE DOWNLOADED ALMOST ALL THE ADD-ONS POSSIBLE.

THATS WHY I NEVER GO ONLINE. THEIR.

You realize once you have loaded all those add ons... you never do it again? so its good when you join a server with plenty of add ons. Just do something else for 5 minutes and if you ever come upon a server with that add on again, you wont have to download its files. Same with maps.

I've gotten alot of spam from people saying my server has to many add ons lol. They are usually new.

If people just download the Add-Ons not through Blockland but off of the RTB Download server, then it would be a lot faster because downloading through Blockland consumes more time.
RtB makes it easier to download add-ons. When it's easier, people will be more likely to do it. When I first got RtB, I downloaded 29 new files just because it was easy. I don't doubt some others have downloaded files through RtB that they otherwise wouldn't because of laziness.

RtB makes it easier to download add-ons. When it's easier, people will be more likely to do it. When I first got RtB, I downloaded 29 new files just because it was easy. I don't doubt some others have downloaded files through RtB that they otherwise wouldn't because of laziness.
Same here, I couldn't find Gikon's weapon set or 25% of the add ons I have now until I downloaded RTB.

Sankuro, I'm sure it also has something to do with your crappy internet connection.

Muahaahahha!!!! My mission is accomplished >:D