Author Topic: John Sargent's Madame X  (Read 2210 times)

Okay, for an essay I have to do at home, I have to right about John Sargent's Madame X. Now I can handly all of the history and stuff about it, but I am not an art person. I just don't feel much about this art work, that is where you come in. I mean I could bull stuff this essay, but I don't like doing that. I need you guys to tell me how you feel about this art work, and nothing inappropriate please.
Here it is:

You should write things about her posture and also, don't forget to note the contrast of the black clothes and her white skin.

You should write things about her posture and also, don't forget to note the contrast of the black clothes and her white skin.
Thank you, but that is not really what I'm looking for. What I am looking for is what you guys like/dislike about this painting and why. I can't really do this for I'm not much of an art person and someone here must have an opinion about this painting.

The top of her nose is like \

I hate that.

She seems to be angry at something, from the way her head is turned.

You could land a plane on her nose.
Her nose is the highest point on Earth.
She needs to put a cork on the nose, it could poke an eye out.
If you could stick thread through her nose, you could use it to sew.
She could use her nose to dig and start her own strip mine.
That nose makes her look like a snob.

Need I say more about the nose? I've got a hundred more

She has broad shoulders, and a very skinny waist.

also she looks rather flat.

someone had to say it.

Terrible dress, the hole painting is bland.

Badspot

• Administrator
The corset isn't doing much for her.  Her waist is now so thin that her upper torso looks like a block and her arms overpower her waistline. 

Wow, thanks guys. I have all I need, so I'm locking this.