Author Topic: Post real life pictures of yourself.  (Read 8854359 times)

Do you live in a small town, or the ocean?

brother do you even know where missouri is?

I like the small suburban area I live in. About a 20 minute drive from Albany so I don't have to deal with ridiculous commuter traffic every day. Not sure if I'd like to live in a big city for that exact reason.

brother do you even know where missouri is?

I mean, you are a clownfish! Get it?!

I'm so lucky that we own our apartment. My dad could of never afforded to live in this area if he were to buy now. Also San Diego's Downtown is really nice, not a fan of the city beside Coronado - but the Downtown is extremely walkable and safe.
Downtown San Diego is beautiful. I love it. Also, where in Manhattan are you? My dad lived in Greenwich Village for a while.

Downtown San Diego is beautiful. I love it. Also, where in Manhattan are you? My dad lived in Greenwich Village for a while.

I am in Tribeca, it is south of Greenwich Village. It's become overpriced and overcrowded, these stupid gentrifiers/yuppies have ruined it completely.

I am in Tribeca, it is south of Greenwich Village. It's become overpriced and overcrowded, these stupid gentrifiers/yuppies have ruined it completely.
New York is pretty much the disney version of what it was in the 90s. It sucks.

New York is pretty much the disney version of what it was in the 90s. It sucks.

Not really, it has changed since then due to Giuliani cleaning it up. You know, it's not worth living where I live because everything is just SO overpriced. There are no longer any Dunkin Donuts here or any franchises. Used to be a Popeyes, they closed. Everything is independently owned here, and its all overpriced. I used to pay like $3 for an iced latte at Dunkin Donuts a few years ago, now I pay a whopping $5 + tax at these hipster crap independent coffee shops for the same exact garbage. Complete waste. To top it off, we cant even eat out anymore because of how incredibly expensive it has become. Cultural events are a waste, costs at least $120+ now for theatre seats. Complete waste of time and money. If I were a billionaire, I would NEVER invest in this city.

Also keep in mind that we used to eat out at LEAST three times a week, back when restaurants here were FAIRLY priced. Complete ripoff now. Subway fares are really expensive now too, and traffic has worsened.

Not really, it has changed since then due to Giuliani cleaning it up. You know, it's not worth living where I live because everything is just SO overpriced. There are no longer any Dunkin Donuts here or any franchises. Used to be a Popeyes, they closed. Everything is independently owned here, and its all overpriced. I used to pay like $3 for an iced latte at Dunkin Donuts a few years ago, now I pay a whopping $5 + tax at these hipster crap independent coffee shops for the same exact garbage. Complete waste. To top it off, we cant even eat out anymore because of how incredibly expensive it has become. Cultural events are a waste, costs at least $120+ now for theatre seats. Complete waste of time and money. If I were a billionaire, I would NEVER invest in this city.
What the forget. All you have to do is walk into Downtown Manhattan and get some stuffty fast food if you want it. It's New York City, if you want greasy fried chicken you can just take a 10 minute walk and get some of the cheapest food ever imaginable. If you really want to get down and dirty just pick up a gyro or a kebab from a halal food truck.

It really wasn't like that when I went there in 2011. It was fairly nice, and didn't seem like that at all. I think ZombiLoin is right.

What the forget. All you have to do is walk into Downtown Manhattan and get some stuffty fast food if you want it. It's New York City, if you want greasy fried chicken you can just take a 10 minute walk and get some of the cheapest food ever imaginable. If you really want to get down and dirty just pick up a gyro or a kebab from a halal food truck.

I would never trust those Halal trucks or anything from those garbage food trucks. Hopefully the city keeps regulating them and gets them out, they're nuisances and rip people off. I used to get cold drinks at some of these trucks, and I'd be charged $2 for a small poland spring water bottle. These guys who run these carts are terrible business people.

I would never trust those Halal trucks or anything from those garbage food trucks. Hopefully the city keeps regulating them and gets them out, they're nuisances and rip people off. I used to get cold drinks at some of these trucks, and I'd be charged $2 for a small poland spring water bottle. These guys who run these carts are terrible business people.
What kind of food trucks do you go to? I could get a can of soda for .99 cents and a chicken gyro for 3.99. You're right, they're not exactly the cleanest or the best tasting, but you complained about the lack of greasy fast food in your neighbourhood, right? Well here's the greasiest, fastest food available. When you can just walk 5 minutes and buy food that stuffty you have no right to complain about "hipster" restaurants.

Speaking of which, there are a lot of mid-range stores that offer pretty good food for a decent price. There's a Greek place in downtown Brooklyn that sells kick-ass souvlaki gyros for around $7.50 each, with meat carved right off the spit. It's delicious and the old Greek dude cooking and making the sandwiches is polite. It's New York, use your goddamn legs and walk around if you think the places around you are too expensive.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:10:54 AM by ZombiLoin »