Author Topic: Proof that RtB breaks the mod rules  (Read 14531 times)

Priceless, Absolutely Priceless.

You want priceless?  Take a look at this!  Easily the best commercial I've seen in months.

Of course, being a MacGyver (and Stargate) fan certainly helps that.  Mouser X out.

I saw that Mouser lol.

I don't want to push this thread any further, but if you don't like something about a mod, don't use it. No one is forcing you to use RTB. Here's some advice for the future...

I was just trying to get the point across that the mod rules are a joke, and that RtB breaks them. I wasn't saying i didn't like RtB, sure it has its faults, but all mods do.

sure it has its faults, but all mods do.

THANK YOU. That's what I wanted to hear. Mods are like people. We do illegal things but we aren't rebuked for them. And you know, if you don't like in-game functions, just remove them so people can't do them on your servers.

And you know, if you don't like in-game functions, just remove them so people can't do them on your servers.

I'm not saying i don't like them, i was just wondering why they are allowed if they break the mod rules :\

The rules are just there to fool the handicaps into thinking there was actually a reason to ban TBM. Even if RTB had an alleged virus, it would not be banned. Badspot just hates TBM.

Why? Its extreme supeiority?

If Badspot wants to ban RtB, he bans it. He does not need other people to tell him that he needs to ban it. Now shut the  :cookieMonster: up.

Anyone who posts after this post is a handicap forum lurker. (Unless you have something INTELLIGENT to say.)

Every little point you pointed out.
rtb/server/scripts/SWP/lightsabre.cs If you're so justified, why is that an invalid folder?
function ImprisonPlayer(%client,%victim)
{
if(%client.team $= "Cops" && %victim.team $= "Robbers")
{
if(%victim.isImprisoned == 0)
{
for(%t = 0; %t < MissionCleanup.GetCount(); %t++)
{
%brick = MissionCleanup.getObject(%t);
if(%brick.isJail == 1)
{
if(%brick.JailCount < %brick.JailMaxCount)
{
if(isobject(%victim.player))
{
%brick.JailCount++;
%victim.isImprisoned = 1;
%victim.money = 0;
messageClient(%victim,'MsgUpdateMoney',"",%victim.money);
%trans = %brick.getWorldBoxCenter();
%x = getWord(%trans,0);
%y = getWord(%trans,1);
%z = getWord(%trans,2)+0.5;
%victim.player.setTransform(%x SPC %y SPC %z);
%victim.JailBrick = %brick;
messageAll("",'\c0%1\c5 was Imprisoned by \c0%2',%victim.name,%client.name);
%victim.player.unMountImage($HeadSlot);
%victim.player.mountImage(%victim.chestquote , $decalslot, 1, 'Town-Inmate');
%victim.player.mountImage(%victim.facequote , $faceslot, 1, 'smirk2');
%victim.player.setSkinName('orange');
%totalImprisonedPeople = %totalImprisonedPeople + %brick.JailCount;
if(%totalImprisonedPeople >= $TotalRobbers)
{
messageAll("","\c5COPS WIN!!!");
messageAll("","\c5Everyone swaps sides!");
schedule(5000,0,"RestartCR");
}
}
return;
}
else
{
%totalImprisonedPeople = %totalImprisonedPeople + %brick.JailMaxCount;
%JailFull = 1;
}
}

}
if(%JailFull == 1)
{
messageAll("","\c4We've run out of jails");
}
else
{
messageClient(%client,"","\c4There is no jail built...");
}
}
else
{
%victim.isImprisoned = 0;
%victim.player.setTransform(%victim.TeamSpawn.getTransform());
%victim.JailBrick.JailCount--;
messageAll("",'\c0%1\c5 was freed by \c0%2',%victim.name,%client.name);
%victim.player.mountImage($headcode[$RobHat],$HeadSlot,1,'black');
%victim.player.mountImage(%client.chestcode , $decalslot, 1, 'Town-Inmate');
%victim.player.mountImage(%client.facecode , $faceslot, 1, 'evil');
%victim.player.setSkinName('black');
}

}
}
i think that is for a certain game "type" or mode for RtB.  Ya think!?
function serverCmdJailPlayer(%client,%victim,%time)
{
if(%client.isAdmin || %client.isSuperAdmin || %client.isTempAdmin)
{
if(%victim.isTimeout != 1)
{
%jailbricks = 0;
for(%t = 0; %t < MissionCleanup.getCount(); %t++)
{
%jail = MissionCleanup.getObject(%t);

if(%jail.isDetBrick $= 1)
{
%jailbricks++;
}
}
if(%jailbricks >= 1)
{
{

{
%trans = %jail.getTransform();
%x = getWord(%trans,0);
%y = getWord(%trans,1);
%z = getWord(%trans,2);
%player = %victim.player;
%player.setTransform(%x SPC %y SPC %z);
%victim.isTimeout = 1;
%STime = %time*60;
%STime = %STime*1000;
%victim.TimeoutSchedule = Schedule(%STime,0,"FreeVictim",%client,%victim,%time);
messageClient(%victim, '', '\c3You have been jailed by an Admin for %1 minutes!', %time);
messageClient(%client, '', '\c3You have jailed %1 for %2 minutes.', %victim.namebase, %time);
messageAllExcept(%victim, '\c3%1 was Jailed by %2 (%3 Minutes).', %victim.name, %client.name, %time);
}
}
}
else
{
messageClient(%client, '', '\c3It appears no jails brick has been specified!');
}
}
else
{
cancel(%victim.TimeoutSchedule);
messageClient(%victim, '', '\c3An Admin has released you from Jail!');
messageClient(%client, '', '\c3You have released %1 from Jail.', %victim.namebase);
%victim.isTimeout = 0;
%victim.player.kill();
}
}
}
There isn't any preference that writes to the server and says that this person is in jail.  They can just rejoin...

--------------------------New Post--------------------------------

function chatMessageClient( %client, %sender, %voiceTag, %voicePitch, %msgString, %a1, %a2, %a3, %a4, %a5, %a6, %a7, %a8, %a9, %a10 )
{
//see if the client has muted the sender
if ( !%client.muted[%sender] )
   commandToClient( %client, 'ChatMessage', %sender, %voiceTag, %voicePitch, %msgString, %a1, %a2, %a3, %a4, %a5, %a6, %a7, %a8, %a9, %a10 );
}
I did a quick test with a few other people to see what could happen if an admin was able to use functions like these.        Would you be happy to not ignore a spammer?
This function breaks rule #1 and #4(and perhaps #5) as stated here-
1. Self-Contained -  A mod must run from its own folder within the blockland directory and be comepletely seperate from the fps/ folder. A mod cannot overwrite any of the default blockland files.  You try making a mod that doesn't run from the common folder.   Thats why the folder is called COMMON.  Also, the rule states you cannot modify the fps folder.  Nothing in there states anything about the common folder.

4. Free from Excessive "Punishment" -  A mod cannot contain any excessive administrative punishment functions such as muting, blinding, or immobilizing.  Power corrupts, and there is no need to give admins even more power.  I cannot stop you from doing this on your own server, but don't post it on the forum.  Never said anything about clients punishing each other.
function serverCmdSelf Delete(%client)
{
   if (isObject(%client.player) && %client.isImprisoned == 0 && %client.isTimeout != 1)
      %client.player.kill("Self Delete");
}
This one i found in rtb/server/scripts/commands.cs on lines 58-62 and what it does is it will not let you Self Delete if you are jailed. This is in blatant violation of the mod rules, and i have no idea why a mod like this could possibly be allowed on these forums.  WELL DUH!  Whats the point of jail if you can Self Delete out!?  Really want to get out?  Just rejoin...
function clientcmdPush(%gui)
{
canvas.pushDialog(%gui);
}
(found in rtb/client/scripts/client.cs lines 48-51) What if I was showing someone how to do something?

My opinions:
-You contradicted half of your own statements.
-If you're going to be posting an argument, or a debate, use correct grammar, and spelling.

Ok, so most of these have been posted before, but this is a full brown townysis of his code posts.

--brown townyst Bleh
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 02:29:55 PM by Bleh7777 »

Every little point you pointed out.
rtb/server/scripts/SWP/lightsabre.cs If you're so justified, why is that an invalid folder? Try again, its in there.
function ImprisonPlayer(%client,%victim)
{
if(%client.team $= "Cops" && %victim.team $= "Robbers") Yeah, so its for a gamemode, but did Badspot ever say it was ok to have a function like this, even if it was in a gamemode?
{
if(%victim.isImprisoned == 0)
{
for(%t = 0; %t < MissionCleanup.GetCount(); %t++)
{
%brick = MissionCleanup.getObject(%t);
if(%brick.isJail == 1)
{
if(%brick.JailCount < %brick.JailMaxCount)
{
if(isobject(%victim.player))
{
%brick.JailCount++;
%victim.isImprisoned = 1;
%victim.money = 0;
messageClient(%victim,'MsgUpdateMoney',"",%victim.money);
%trans = %brick.getWorldBoxCenter();
%x = getWord(%trans,0);
%y = getWord(%trans,1);
%z = getWord(%trans,2)+0.5;
%victim.player.setTransform(%x SPC %y SPC %z);
%victim.JailBrick = %brick;
messageAll("",'\c0%1\c5 was Imprisoned by \c0%2',%victim.name,%client.name);
%victim.player.unMountImage($HeadSlot);
%victim.player.mountImage(%victim.chestquote , $decalslot, 1, 'Town-Inmate');
%victim.player.mountImage(%victim.facequote , $faceslot, 1, 'smirk2');
%victim.player.setSkinName('orange');
%totalImprisonedPeople = %totalImprisonedPeople + %brick.JailCount;
if(%totalImprisonedPeople >= $TotalRobbers)
{
messageAll("","\c5COPS WIN!!!");
messageAll("","\c5Everyone swaps sides!");
schedule(5000,0,"RestartCR");
}
}
return;
}
else
{
%totalImprisonedPeople = %totalImprisonedPeople + %brick.JailMaxCount;
%JailFull = 1;
}
}

}
if(%JailFull == 1)
{
messageAll("","\c4We've run out of jails");
}
else
{
messageClient(%client,"","\c4There is no jail built...");
}
}
else
{
%victim.isImprisoned = 0;
%victim.player.setTransform(%victim.TeamSpawn.getTransform());
%victim.JailBrick.JailCount--;
messageAll("",'\c0%1\c5 was freed by \c0%2',%victim.name,%client.name);
%victim.player.mountImage($headcode[$RobHat],$HeadSlot,1,'black');
%victim.player.mountImage(%client.chestcode , $decalslot, 1, 'Town-Inmate');
%victim.player.mountImage(%client.facecode , $faceslot, 1, 'evil');
%victim.player.setSkinName('black');
}

}
}
i think that is for a certain game "type" or mode for RtB.  Ya think!? Sorry, i was explaining it for the less inclined to knowing what code does.
function serverCmdJailPlayer(%client,%victim,%time)
{
if(%client.isAdmin || %client.isSuperAdmin || %client.isTempAdmin)
{
if(%victim.isTimeout != 1)
{
%jailbricks = 0;
{

{
%jailbricks++;
}
}
if(%jailbricks >= 1)
{
{

{
%trans = %jail.getTransform();
%x = getWord(%trans,0);
%y = getWord(%trans,1);
%z = getWord(%trans,2);
%player = %victim.player;
%player.setTransform(%x SPC %y SPC %z);
%victim.isTimeout = 1;
%STime = %time*60;
%STime = %STime*1000;
%victim.TimeoutSchedule = Schedule(%STime,0,"FreeVictim",%client,%victim,%time);
messageClient(%victim, '', '\c3You have been jailed by an Admin for %1 minutes!', %time);
messageClient(%client, '', '\c3You have jailed %1 for %2 minutes.', %victim.namebase, %time);
messageAllExcept(%victim, '\c3%1 was Jailed by %2 (%3 Minutes).', %victim.name, %client.name, %time);
}
}
}
else
{
messageClient(%client, '', '\c3It appears no jails brick has been specified!');
}
}
else
{
cancel(%victim.TimeoutSchedule);
messageClient(%victim, '', '\c3An Admin has released you from Jail!');
messageClient(%client, '', '\c3You have released %1 from Jail.', %victim.namebase);
%victim.isTimeout = 0;
%victim.player.kill();
}
}
}
There isn't any preference that writes to the server and says that this person is in jail.  They can just rejoin... Still doesn't change the fact that its in there, and that it breaks the rules.

--------------------------New Post--------------------------------

function chatMessageClient( %client, %sender, %voiceTag, %voicePitch, %msgString, %a1, %a2, %a3, %a4, %a5, %a6, %a7, %a8, %a9, %a10 )
{
//see if the client has muted the sender
if ( !%client.muted[%sender] )
   commandToClient( %client, 'ChatMessage', %sender, %voiceTag, %voicePitch, %msgString, %a1, %a2, %a3, %a4, %a5, %a6, %a7, %a8, %a9, %a10 );
}
I did a quick test with a few other people to see what could happen if an admin was able to use functions like these.        Would you be happy to not ignore a spammer?Of course i would, but it breaks the mod rules.
This function breaks rule #1 and #4(and perhaps #5) as stated here-
1. Self-Contained -  A mod must run from its own folder within the blockland directory and be comepletely seperate from the fps/ folder. A mod cannot overwrite any of the default blockland files.  You try making a mod that doesn't run from the common folder.   Thats why the folder is called COMMON.  Also, the rule states you cannot modify the fps folder.  Nothing in there states anything about the common folder. Actually, its very easy to not edit the common folder. All you do is copy over the function you want edited into your mod. simple as that.

4. Free from Excessive "Punishment" -  A mod cannot contain any excessive administrative I'm sure administrative means admin, which clients can be.punishment functions such as muting, blinding, or immobilizing.  Power corrupts, and there is no need to give admins even more power.  I cannot stop you from doing this on your own server, but don't post it on the forum.  Never said anything about clients punishing each other.
Again, admin powers are abusive and break the rules, whether the local host or an admin does the abuse.
function serverCmdSelf Delete(%client)
{
   if (isObject(%client.player) && %client.isImprisoned == 0 && %client.isTimeout != 1)
      %client.player.kill("Self Delete");
}
This one i found in rtb/server/scripts/commands.cs on lines 58-62 and what it does is it will not let you Self Delete if you are jailed. This is in blatant violation of the mod rules, and i have no idea why a mod like this could possibly be allowed on these forums.  WELL DUH!  Whats the point of jail if you can Self Delete out!?  Really want to get out?  Just rejoin...What's the point of having a jail then if you can just get out? Also, as i said before, someone i had admined was able to put me into a jail, and mute me. How is this possible? Why is this even allowed?
function clientcmdPush(%gui)
{
canvas.pushDialog(%gui);
}
(found in rtb/client/scripts/client.cs lines 48-51) What if I was showing someone how to do something?
I must agree with Luquado on this one and say it is a stretch to think of it as breaking the rules, but it sure would be annoying to have windows popping up all the time.

My opinions:
-You contradicted half of your own statements. Half you say? Can you give me some examples?
-If you're going to be posting an argument, or a debate, use correct grammar, and spelling.Show me where i did not use correct grammer and spelling, please. If you are going to be posting an agrument, i suggest you use examples :P

Ok, so most of these have been posted before, but this is a full brown townysis of his code posts.

--brown townyst Bleh

Here we go again....

"...people are stupid at heart." ~Bleep, OnRpg Anarchist