Author Topic: Cargo/Pirate Ships?  (Read 10531 times)

I know that there were canoes at one point, but what about large ships? From this, there would spourt 3 types of clans/thingys:

• Pirites
  • Passenger Ships (takes you to map repeats and stuff
  • Cargo Ships (really only if there were exotic stuff really far out at sea/on small islands

Also, this would make exploring Alot eaiser!

I agree that we really need a new mode of transport, fast and stuff, because there's alot of space we need for fiber farming, and the travel would be fun.

Thx Kitty,

And If a boat sunk, It would stay at the bottom of the sea, and you could pick up treause/fiber/vials/stuff/weapons off it, if you found it! And Badspot, make the sea monsters look more like seamonsters then blue orcs, or make them sharks.

Instead of male models, how about playing as a clock-work mechanical person?

For transportation, you could use hot air balloons, or giant kites, except you have to teather the kite to something or you fly away and die. And someone can follow the string to where its tied, and cut it, so don't tether yourself to the shop post or something. Or a fiber bush. Bad idea.

Or you could do generic magic transportation. Woo.

Or grab that magical illegal plant leaf that increases your speed... And use it on a horse. You combine it with the Insta-horse... And it turns into Super Insta-horse.

lol i like the idea of a boat and i like the idea for a hot air ballon but id rather have bs fix things like makeing more kinds of weps are new levels and challenges

Shouldn't that illegal plant leaf actually slow you down?

Shouldn't that illegal plant leaf actually slow you down?

He meant the pink rocks :P

I had this idea a long time ago, but it was more thought out.

Across the sea in Port Town could be some sort of tropical pirate town, prefably a cave. They would have pirate ships that would come over the sea to attack Port Town, Port Town would then have to defend themselves. As the pirates ships attack different parts of Port Town the "town health" goes down. The bank would be the most vurnable spot, as that's the main point of the attack. The life of the pirates would be their ships. Pirates could leave the ship and steal cargo from the Port Town shop, giving them small cash profits and items for their home shops. Each faction could have people trained in repairing which would be able to give small amounts of health back to the town/ships. If the town health reaches zero the pirates win and they gain money from the bank, collected from deposit fees/fines/donations. The pirate town would gain money in a similar fashion, with a few tweaks. If the town defeats the pirates they get "booty" from the ship which may include exotic items and gold. The towns use the money they earn to increase their power with things such as cannons and better armor. There could be assigned commanding officers to help direct attacks(npc forces?) and special moves to boost their npcs/players with junk like attack/defense/speed boosts. To avoid constant raiding, they could be set up at certain times by the governing forces(Badspot?).

There's some more to it but that's what I remember off hand.

I had this idea a long time ago, but it was more thought out.

Across the sea in Port Town could be some sort of tropical pirate town, prefably a cave. They would have pirate ships that would come over the sea to attack Port Town, Port Town would then have to defend themselves. As the pirates ships attack different parts of Port Town the "town health" goes down. The bank would be the most vurnable spot, as that's the main point of the attack. The life of the pirates would be their ships. Pirates could leave the ship and steal cargo from the Port Town shop, giving them small cash profits and items for their home shops. Each faction could have people trained in repairing which would be able to give small amounts of health back to the town/ships. If the town health reaches zero the pirates win and they gain money from the bank, collected from deposit fees/fines/donations. The pirate town would gain money in a similar fashion, with a few tweaks. If the town defeats the pirates they get "booty" from the ship which may include exotic items and gold. The towns use the money they earn to increase their power with things such as cannons and better armor. There could be assigned commanding officers to help direct attacks(npc forces?) and special moves to boost their npcs/players with junk like attack/defense/speed boosts. To avoid constant raiding, they could be set up at certain times by the governing forces(Badspot?).

There's some more to it but that's what I remember off hand.
otis ilke your idea i like how you said they get money of the bank fees

Screw ships, airships are the way to go.

Raty has a point there is only one lake coming to port town and thats the docks. so it would have to be pirates from land.

I had that idea too, they'd be uber expensive though(in my town raid/defense idea). Could have big air battles around the game.

Raty has a point there is only one lake coming to port town and thats the docks. so it would have to be pirates from land.

That "lake" is a bay of The South-east  Ocean. The Ocean itself is huge! (Or so I think, Badspot could make it more like a ocean

Airships would make it easy for people to find someones farm, and destroy it.