Author Topic: The delay is a lie  (Read 1058 times)

LOL Dell.

So, when my parents went to order the new laptop I was getting for Christmas, the delivery date said 1/07. They ordered it, and gave me a card that said "Merry Christmas! Your gift is coming in two weeks." and some other cheesy crap. Thing was, as I was opening this card, the mail guy comes to the door (surprised they deliver on holidays) with the laptop.

Specs:
 - Dell Studio 1537
 - 15.4" screen
 - 1920x1200 resolution
 - Windows Vista Home Premium
 - Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5900 2.20GHz
 - 3066MB RAM (dxdiag lied, it's 4MB RAM)
 - 320GB hard drive

Old one:
 - HP 16" something
 - 1024x768 resolution
 - Windows XP
 - (Don't even ask the processing speed)
 - 512MB RAM
 - 40GB hard drive

Now I get to spend the next hour or two transferring all my files over. Woo.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 09:48:56 PM by Truce »

LOL Dell.

So, when my parents went to order the new laptop I was getting for Christmas, the delivery date said 1/07. They ordered it, and gave me a card that said "Merry Christmas! Your gift is coming in two weeks." and some other cheesy crap. Thing was, as I was opening this card, the mail guy comes to the door (surprised they deliver on holidays) with the laptop.

Specs:
 - Dell Studio 1537
 - 15.4" screen
 - 1920x1200 resolution
 - Windows Vista Home Premium
 - Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5900 2.20GHz
 - 3066MB RAM
 - 320GB hard drive

Old one:
 - HP 16" something
 - 1024x768 resolution
 - Windows XP
 - (Don't even ask the processing speed)
 - 512MB RAM
 - 40GB hard drive

Now I get to spend the next hour or two transferring all my files over. Woo.

Meh...

Always nice to get a new computer. Anyone know if there is a way to make an exact copy of an old hard drive on another computer? I've been itching to move my laptop stuff to my desktop, but mostly becosue I've done so many regedits its not funny. My laptop is very homey

Meh...

Thats pretty standard on laptops unless you customize it.

I got a new desktop, It's Full 1080p HD and widescreen. :D

Always nice to get a new computer. Anyone know if there is a way to make an exact copy of an old hard drive on another computer? I've been itching to move my laptop stuff to my desktop, but mostly becosue I've done so many regedits its not funny. My laptop is very homey

Norton Ghost is designed to make exact images of disks and copy them. There may be free alternatives too.