Author Topic: Need opinion with new monitor  (Read 981 times)

I will barely have the monies to get this. My current monitor has: 5ms response time, 1440 by 900 (I just found this out), and 19". This new one is 2ms, 1680 x 1050, and 22". It will take about two months to regain this money if I do so. Is it worth it?

as this is not the same size or anything as my old one, I can not connect the two and act like its one big screen, but I think its good enough.

May as well get an identical monitor to the one you already have and go for dual monitors.

Save your money and wait until buying a monitor won't set you back.

Good spending habits will keep you from going broke.

My brother went to Staples and got instant rebates for his new monitor, I suggest you look around first.

May as well get an identical monitor to the one you already have and go for dual monitors.

This is the same cost as the old one, but its much nicer.

Is it worth it to get a crappier one? I wouldn't mind having two seporate screens. Most games don't do dual screen, right?

Is it worth it to get a crappier one? I wouldn't mind having two seporate screens. Most games don't do dual screen, right?

I don't know about you, but I would find having 2 different sized/styled monitors to be loving off-putting.

Most modern RTS games allow you to use dual monitors.

If they cost the same, sell your old one and buy the new one. Sell the old one a bit cheaper, so you don't have to remake that much money to pay it off.