Author Topic: Some Ore Ideas  (Read 3005 times)

Maybe to make some new items. Or to put a little bit more under that alchemical tab in the inventory. Just a few ideas.

Bauxite: Create Aluminum
Lodestone (Magnetite): Compasses
Pyrite: Ingredient for creating sulfiric acid(well, its one meathod) for use in fertilizer.

Good ideas but I don't see how AoT would need alumninum. Magnetite cumpases would be useless because we already have them.

Well, the idea was you paid to get the compass rather then having one floating randomly in space. And the compass drifts more if you use a cheap metal, as well as spins around if a rock contains iron or more lodestone. So you can tell whats in rocks before hand. Although you would probably smash it anyway, for the ore inside.

Who knows what you could do with aluminum. Build rockets, aircraft... Well, in game, you could probably make light-weight map cases or something, for when items actually start weighing something (press o. There is a section for max wieght carryable).

Hmm. Maybe a random metal bar plus glass could make a spy glass? And depending on the ore used, you get better magnification, and its more clear.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 04:22:33 PM by Wedge »

I like those ideas

What if....
i dont know what ore would give chromium, but...

3 chromium + 50 iron + 1 carbon = 50 stainless steel

stainless steel has same effect as steel, but has a nicer looking texture than steel, or maybe even looks like a mirror (probably bad idea). Chromium would be very rare.

Ok fine Badspot, you're right. I thought I read somewhere about nickel making a chrome plating or something like that...maybe I should just give it a rest.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 01:55:05 PM by Maveric »

Badspot

• Administrator
Chromium is actually nickel

No.  Chromium is chromium.  It is an element.

quartz. which would be refined into glass. glass could then be combined with fiber to make fiberglass, a substance which acts like wood and makes the ultimate bow.

you know fiberglass doesen't have fiber, its called that because its splintery.

Badspot

• Administrator

It's called fiberglass because it is made out of glass fibers.  How can you people know so little yet post so much?

Fiberglass itches like fuck if you rub against it too hard.

i found that two threads of fiber glass were stuck in my hand at opposite ends once when i was in the attic, so i pulled the first one out and the other came with it, and i realised it was just one thread that went straight through.... i didnt feel a thing either

It's called fiberglass because it is made out of glass fibers.  How can you people know so little yet post so much?

well, i mean glass fibers, which would be splintery.

bullsh|t you said it didn't have fibers in it

well, combining fiber and glass would not make fiberglass. i said it didnt have fiber in it. it has fiber like strands of glass.

hmm, what a pointless topic this is.