Author Topic: World War Soup: The Game?  (Read 9507 times)

World War Soup: The Game

Yes, a game based off of the "Fly spoon Fly!" topic, and its fruit and vegetable madness.

This is a sprite based side-scroller, where you play as an evil looking grape, holding a spoon. The spoon is your main weapon, but in the game you'll find other weapons to use. You're against all the other fruits and vegetables, and have to get through then to the end of all the levels. Some of your enemies do not die by spoon, but by sharper objects you can pickup, or knock down.

I need some help.
So far, I have these sprites:

The grape was made by SolarFlare. I added the spoon.

What I need:
-Sprites of All fruits or vegetables with faces + explosion or death animation.
-Good background with grassy terrain and maybe some other foliage.
-Animated Sprites of foliage, objects, ladders, ect.
-Game music (Preferably not any existing music. I can most likely do this myself).
-Sound effects.
-Weapon Sprites + Projectile effects.
-Different ground sprites.

If you are making sprites:
My grape is about the size of 25x25. If you are making a fairly large fruit, you may make it bigger. If it's tiny, make it smaller.
I would prefer that you make the background color a pink, or a color that the rest of the image does not use.

If I think of anything else, I'll tell you.

If you help at all, please PM me that you helped, and say what you did to help.
If you can't PM, like I can't, e-mail me at:
Azerath@windwireless.net

DEMO VERSION.

This demo version is almost nothing like the final product will be. I know it's not the best as of right now, But I really need someone to do backgrounds, and foliage.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:05:20 AM by Azerath »

Azerath, I have fixed my shotgun thingy and added guides shown here.

The ammo box gives you the +8 when you go over it.
The fire/shot should come out the normal model.
The reload model should eject one of the shotgun shells.
The smoke whould come out when you're out of bullets.

Can you do all of this, lol?

btw, grenade + explosion coming soon.

It's not that great but i tried.
Orange with Molotov roostertail!

Dead

What do you think?

I'll make some spoon ones in a bit, since they are like the gods.

Make CUSTOM LVL FTW :D

Check out the spoons I made :D

The grey spoon is a regular spoon, and uses the lighting attack. I guess the Gold spoon can be the king or something, and he only uses the healingpower (gold mesh of spoons) and him only, but he uses lightning too. Make more powers if you wish.

Check out the spoons I made :D

The grey spoon is a regular spoon, and uses the lighting attack. I guess the Gold spoon can be the king or something, and he only uses the healingpower (gold mesh of spoons) and him only, but he uses lightning too. Make more powers if you wish.

Spoons arent people, they are weapons

No they are a super advanced civilization that may or may not interlope in the ware of fruit VS vegie (as stated in Swholli's first post in the topic that started this).

Spoons arent people, they are weapons
The spoons are people, look in Scott's topic.

Some are weapons, some are people. K?

Whaaaaat. Spoons can use spoons to fight off spoons?

/confuzzled

Spoons can buy spoons from spoons to fight off spoons and save spoons

augh

Civilian pears. I will make death animation later.

Didn't trans yet.

I hate to be quoting you again on this topic, it is in fact Azerath's mistake, but:
THE SPOONS:
What is known about the spoons is small. Some say that they are at peace with the fruits. Other's say they make peace with no one. Their advance civilization is well protected and well hidden from the rest of the world. While it is said that they mean no harm to either force. There are doubts around all the armies. Though one thing is for certain: If the mysterious "Spoons" do ever decide to strike, they will surly destroy each and every last Fruit and Vegetable. The only way to stop this menace would be to combine forces before Spoons devastate them both.
I put some important parts in italics.
The game looks great and all, but spoons aren't weapons. Spoons are an advanced civilization, not something you throw at enemies. I have no control over your game, but I would like to suggest that you replace the grape's weapon with that lovely shot gun Khorde made. Not the one he posted early in this topic, by the way. It is their choice weapon after all.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:20:09 PM by TheWorm »

It's a weapon that resembles the power of the spoon. :D
I might make the game two player, with different sets of controls. A flying spoon will be the second player.
Civilian pears. I will make death animation later.

Didn't trans yet.
It's not that great but i tried.
Orange with Molotov roostertail!

Dead

What do you think?

Hey, thanks guys. Oh, and john, try to make the orange small, and without a mask. Lets say a size of about 25x25