Author Topic: Associated Building Clubs (ABC)  (Read 5372 times)

Announcing the best thing to happen to blockland club/clan/group scene since the USSR: The Associated Building Clubs of Blockland!

Who: This group is being started by me (from BLBC) and Facechild (from [USSR]).

What: We are starting group of clubs that specialize in certain themes and aspects of Blockland BUILDING.

Why: Because USSR and BLBC are the two best building clubs, and we want to see more builds like ours, and better than the crap that we build.

When, where: Right here, right now.

How: So far there are two groups in the ABC. They are the Blockland Builders Club (run by me) and the USSR. Think of the BLBC as the club at the top of the pyramid, and the USSR as a niche group with a theme. This is how the general layout of the ABC will go. Groups that want to be members of the ABC should have a theme or something that makes them unique.

Every group of the ABC has to have theme, or style, or something that makes them stand out from the rest of the regular clubs out there. They must focus on building (fighting IN ADDITION to building is fine, but building should be the main focus).

The membership gaining process goes like this: You must build something with your potential group members. You must also come up with a name that describes your group. Like how USSR tells people that they build communist stuff. Then post that build in the gallery and put "ABC Audition:" in the title. Also be sure to include detailed description of your group and how you think it would fit into the ABC. Me and Facechild will then critique your build and decide whether we think it's good enough. We will also decide whether your club idea its well. If you have a good build but not a good club idea, we will work with you to think of a better one. If you have a crappy build but a good club idea, then you're pretty much out of luck.

Some sample ideas for club builds:

Pirate theme, real-life replicas (like statue of liberty, golden gate bridge, empire state), military theme, space theme, etc.

To have a good build, you should remember this:

1) You should use the editor wand to rotate bricks so that your builds don't look like a child could have slapped them together.

2) You should use the editor want TASTEFULLY when stretching bricks. If you have nasty, stretched brick textures everywhere then the build will suffer a lot and not be approved. You should usually only be stretching bricks if a) you are creating something with a Lego piece that RTB doesn't have modelled, or b) stretching box-bricks for lag-reducing. Don't forget that stretched peg textures look bad, so use a couple extra bricks and make sure they don't show.

3) Build should show originality and creativity. If you're just re-creating actual Lego sets, then that might not get you many places.

4) The bigger the better, usually. The larger a build is, the more impressive it looks. Of course not every build should be huge, but every build should still be impressive.

This is just the beginning of the ABC, so I'm sure we'll think of more to add later. Questions, comments, ideas?

Sounds fantastic! So I guess I'm already in ABC, eh, as I am in USSR?

And what if I build random un-themed objects when not doing a USSR teambuild. You mentioned that the club needs to have a theme, well, USSR has Russian Communist stuff for teambuilds, but when I am not teambuilding I am scattered all over the place. Taj Mahal, Brooklyn Bridge, Pixel art, Twin Towers, making Deathmatches, Racetracks, etc. Is that alright?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 07:53:43 PM by Pimpin »

Oh darn, I quoted it by mistake. :(

Oh totally. Just because you are in a club doesn't mean that you don't have total creative freedom. It's just asked that if you're in the club that you please have team builds that reflect your theme. There's also nothing to stop you from being in different clubs. But don't just be in different builds for the hell of it. Plus the leader of each club decides who can be in and out, so don't ask me if you can join a club.

The ABC is supposed to be a FRIENDLY association of building clubs working toward a better Blockland. Groups are encouraged to compete against eachother in friendly competitions, like the BLBC and USSR are going to do soon.

Hehe, wicked. Thanks Mocheeze.

:D
ABC: The Rise of Builds!
Soon the greatest builds will be  regulars!

So I'm in it right? :o

sounds great.

btw:(how long have you two been planning this?)

We just thought this up today, and I posted it right away.

well its a great idea. i think we will start seeing alot of good builds come out of it

I was thinking about making a clan that focuses on Movers but i cant host a server so there would be no point.

Viva la revolution! Long live the alphabet! (ABC)

Heh. I'll see what I can build really well. I have some pictures of a nice space shuttle I built on Facechild's server, except that the windshield came out really bad.

me and wedge should work on something like a space station, nige can come to

This isn't like a normal clan/club/group from what I see, as in you can't just ask to join. I think you have to register your entire clan/club/group, so no:

I WANT JOIN PLOX

:cookieMonster: