Author Topic: Sarcasm.  (Read 2424 times)

Yeah, like in Pnobio's Amazing House.

I really got a kick out of some of those idiots saying he was a noob.

Where is this thread of which you speak?

When people are rating a poorly made house with 9999/10, you'd think they'd be able to catch on as to what is going on.
Welcome to America.
Our youth has no loving clue.

everyone in this thread is sooooooo cool.

:D

When people can't hear the tone you are actually using to convey a message, it becomes difficult to spot sarcasm.
Essentially, all a recipient has to base the context of a message (in text) on is what words are used in what sequence.
I feel you though, I get annoyed when I am trying to convey a blatantly sarcastic message and find myself in the
midst of a stuff-storm of baww'ing.

everyone in this thread is sooooooo cool.

:D
Perfect example of sarcasm!
How do you know it is sarcastic?
Take to note the extended so.

It works when the "joke" is funny. When it's not funny it's not a joke, see how that works?

Edit: Oh hey guys i just decided out of the blue that this remark was completely and utterly sarcastic hahaha I bet none of you saw that coming, now your entire world just turned upside down! Inside out! Your minds are loving blown!! Time to retaliate on the internet by further saying something like "Lol all you people are clown twats lolol it was so OBVIOUSLY sarcasm /slitwrists"

I think that pretty much covers the entirety of sarcasm.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:43:00 PM by Muffinmix »

It works when the "joke" is funny. When it's not funny it's not a joke, see how that works?

Edit: Oh hey guys i just decided out of the blue that this remark was completely and utterly sarcastic hahaha I bet none of you saw that coming, now your entire world just turned upside down! Inside out! Your minds are loving blown!! Time to retaliate on the internet by further saying something like "Lol all you people are clown twats lolol it was so OBVIOUSLY sarcasm /slitwrists"

I think that pretty much covers the entirety of sarcasm.
Yep, you have just blown the word away.

(Also, remember not to feed the Yao Guai)

Lol funny. I wonder how many people got that.

In every sarcastic-joke topic, there are always the idiots who don't get it.
I am shocked as to what comedy is to youngins these days-- redundant jokes about one's mother.

That is all.

(Also, remember not to feed the Yao Guai)
you forgot the /sarcasm   :cookieMonster:

Lol funny. I wonder how many people got that.
I didn't...
Am I being a total idiot by not knowing?