Author Topic: Re-Discussion: Blockland on Xbox Live Arcade?  (Read 4663 times)

You could make the graphics shmexy

no you couldn't. tv resolutions are terrible, and xbox video hardware is very low end compared to blocklands already existing standards on the pc
blockland already requires a decent resolution and anti aliasing to play without getting headaches. putting blockland on a  pitiful 1080P at 30+ inches would butcher the game
-----
and whats this about being an elitist yuki? i dont care who likes and plays console games. im against stuffty ports

your not in much a position to be name-calling the bis anyways
/elitist comment
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 06:17:19 PM by Bisjac »

Placing bricks?  Lowering, raising?  Jet button?  Non-handicapped crouch button?
Custom controls just like we already have?

no you couldn't. tv resolutions are terrible, and xbox video hardware is very low end compared to blocklands already existing standards on the pc
blockland already requires a decent resolution and anti aliasing to play without getting headaches. putting blockland on a  pitiful 1080P at 30+ inches would butcher the game
-----
Oh no! Those solid colors are stretched and out of detail!

Oh no! Those solid colors are stretched and out of detail!

clearly you are lacking in tons of knowledge of how and why a game can look good.
thats not even slightly close to why it will look like total stuff

How do you expect to use slash commands?
The mic? >_>

clearly you are lacking in tons of knowledge of how and why a game can look good.
thats not even slightly close to why it will look like total stuff
Hmm, I never had a problem on my old TV. Maybe I seek fun rather than appearance.
How do you expect to use slash commands?
The mic? >_>
Messenger pad, USB keyboard, onscreen controler keyboard. You know, how you type in stuff on any other game?

Hmm, I never had a problem on my old TV

possibly because you have never played blockland on an xbox on your old tv?
your point is lost

Hmm, I never had a problem on my old TV. Maybe I seek fun rather than appearance.Messenger pad, USB keyboard, onscreen controler keyboard. You know, how you type in stuff on any other game?

Well, onscreen would be too much effort for some of the simple ones.
And if you're going to use a USB keyboard, why not play it on the PC?

and whats this about being an elitist yuki? i dont care who likes and plays console games. im against stuffty ports

your not in much a position to be name-calling the bis anyways
Also, Blockland's standards aren't very high.

I rephrase: Graphic-Whore PC Elitist.
your point is lost
You just destroyed your own point with that first statement.
Simple fix: Stop being lazy and make GUI's?

your point is lost
Oh okay, because I played Blockland on the PC, it makes a difference. I mean, all these other games I never played on a PC look awesome.

Same reason you play any other multi-platform game on a game system. To play it on a game system.

I'd take it up with Badspot about the GUIs, Yuki.
He made plenty of default cmds without using GUIs.

Edit:
Also, Chrono, my point was why use a controller and a keyboard if you can just use a small mouse and one? The few extra features possible with Blockland on the XBox don't seem worth it. (Is TGE even on the XBox yet?)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:00:29 PM by Truce »

i know exactly what blockland would look like on an HD-tv.

with half the resolutions of a computer monitor. it dont take a genius to figure how it would turn out.
i see all your screenshots, and most of you use low resolutions as is, while an hdtv wouldn't even be THAT high.

Also, Chrono, my point was why use a controller and a keyboard if you can just use a small mouse and one? The few extra features possible with Blockland on the XBox don't seem worth it. (Is TGE even on the XBox yet?)
Someone could be using the computer? Maybe the Xbox could run it better? (If you have a slow computer)

And yes, TGE for the Xbox 360 has been out for quite a long time now.

i know exactly what blockland would look like on an HD-tv.

with half the resolutions of a computer monitor. it dont take a genius to figure how it would turn out.
i see all your screenshots, and most of you use low resolutions as is, while an hdtv wouldn't even be THAT high.
Maybe I seek fun rather than appearance.
That and I don't post screenshots.

I would be willing to try a controller, but a usb keyboard would be nice for somethings i guess.

Someone could be using the computer? Maybe the Xbox could run it better? (If you have a slow computer)

And yes, TGE for the Xbox 360 has been out for quite a long time now.

Oh, most recent TGE news I heard was for the iPod touch / iPhone.
And, for your information, someone could be watching TV, too :3

the difference is, xbox games use low poly models. so the only thing your seeing is the resolution of the textures that make you think it looks good or not.
blockland has craploads of objects and crazy dizzy lines when your moving around. and only a decent resolution can hide that.

you dont realize that if your halo games didn't use textures to hide all them low res models and low overlay screen resolutions, your head would explode from being dizzy seeing the ridiculous lines everywhere.
distance and moment would make it so bad you couldn't even comprehend objects apart from each other.

but if course you guys think video games are just some kind of magic i guess. where anything can be ported so easily