BJway has fallen. The rise of depositfiles is at hand!

Author Topic: BJway has fallen. The rise of depositfiles is at hand!  (Read 6095 times)

I found a new upload site with a 700 mb limit! that's right, you can upload the contents of a CD-ROM! It accepts any file type and provides a link for deleting files you've uploaded. Post here if you find any problems with this site so people know. Sorry BJBandit, but your once awsome site has been beaten.
http://www.depositfiles.com/en/

To put it in comparison, you could upload rtb, tbm, and the original blockland all at once and only use half the max. space. It's a professional site, and you can sign up for gold membership allowing you to password files, and a few other features. regular uploaders are able to add a description to the file AND send it to up to five people via email. AND IT'S ABSO!@#$INGLUTELY FREE!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 05:15:59 PM by gizmo »

&& you can make money for the downloads :o

There better not be download tickets, download limits or anything like rapidshare....

i don't think there is. I'll find out though. eventually.

Ok yes it is true it does have more space but legally almost no one here can use it for uploading files such as maps or mods.  Also it is definatly not unlimited hosting.  First of all let me give some quotes from the Agreement:

Services of DepositFiles.
DepositFiles offers the Client services provided the Client completely and unconditionally undertakes to comply with the present Agreement. In this Agreement, it is agreed that: - The client (if you, or the user, or the subscriber) means a private person or an organization, including its employees that uses or intends to use the Services of DepositFiles; - Services of DepositFiles mean the electronic or interactive services rendered by DepositFiles.
Translation: You can only use this service to host files for private organizations or private parties and not for open communities.

Our Services are rendered to private persons or organizations that have the corresponding legal status that enables the conclusion of legally binding arrangements in accordance with legislation. Accepting this agreement, the User confirms the fact that he or she has the license of economic activity (to be the consumer of services) in accordance with the law (during a period of validity in the present Agreement), he or she is not a business rival of DepositFiles, and also declares that in accepting the present Agreement, the Client is at least 18 years of age and has the right to conclude the contracts, which have a binding force, as the Client.
Translation: The private function that uploaded the file must have full legal ownership of the file including the rights to all economic activity and the person or persons in question are over 18

How long can I store a uploaded file in DepositFiles?

The longest term of file storing in DepositFiles is 30 days from the date of its last download! For Gold-accounts the term is 180 days. Of course, the file is stored in our system if it responds to our user’s agreement and does not violate the laws of your country. This particularly means that files that violate the copyright laws or containing any forbidden information will be deleted as soon as they are found. If you have found such files in the DepositFiles system, we will be grateful if you inform us about them: just send us a complaint by filling in the form on our complaint page.
No translation necessary.

Also is overthrowing http://www.BJwayMods.net really that important to you?  Seriously!  What  do you have against BJwayMods?  It was created by a Blocklander for the Blockland community and I just expanded a bit.  I created it for the good of the community.  It is a clean site without ads.  It never insulted anyone.  Yet people like you just are set on destroying other peoples hard work.  People like you disgust me Gizmo.  Stop being an ass!

I thought BJway was dead, all the links seem to be.

BJway isn't dead, you can upload files but they'll get deleted after 2 months.

BJ, your host seems to be screwing itself in the ass over and over again.

Just donate a bloody dollar.

Just donate a bloody dollar.
BJ, your host seems to be screwing itself in the ass over and over again.

tru.dat x2

depositfiles = fail.
rapidshare = semi-fail.
BJWaymods = "huh?"
megaupload = semi-win
research = win.

ummmmm why did you steal nige111's avatar?
and  the world plotter is way off...... do I live in Africa? Kenya?