Author Topic: [N] Venice City  (Read 2830 times)

Made By: Tezuni

[N] Venice City

This is a City I just made last night, I use it on Slate Exodus.  This is my best city yet, in my opinion. From what I have heard, people Like it.  Its supposed to be somewhat like venice, not necessarily look like it.  Its flooded, and sinking.  The City iself is just over 13k bricks.  For Now tell me what you think, constructive criticism is always welcome.

Screenshots:

Venice's Waterways
http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blockland00010xa4.png

Overhead of the City
http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blockland00011vk2.png

City Streets
http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blockland00013mt8.png

Venice's Waterways

Overhead of the City

City Streets

Use  [IMG] tags.

Looks pretty dull, no buildings. Try adding some buildings, the real venice doesn't have roads for cars.

I don't recall Venice being made of wood.

Way too symetrical too be Venice. And why is everything made of wood? And the cbrown towns were way bigger then that. Lastly, why is there roads?

I like what you're trying to do with the waterways. It's a lot different from what most builds do. I don't think, though, that you're gonna end up with a good-looking build like that. Venice builds usually focus on the idea that buildings are by the waterside, not that water is held beside the buildings.

I like what you're trying to do with the waterways. It's a lot different from what most builds do. I don't think, though, that you're gonna end up with a good-looking build like that. Venice builds usually focus on the idea that buildings are by the waterside, not that water is held beside the buildings.
In Venice, the water is the roads, so it is basicly right next to the buildings.

In Venice, the water is the roads, so it is basicly right next to the buildings.
That's exactly what I said, yes

what forgetin era are you stuck in?

Wow, the way you guys are treating this guy, I am never going
to post anything here!
O_O

Wow, the way you guys are treating this guy, I am never going
to post anything here!
O_O

The internet.

Welcome.

Enjoy your stay.

*roosters gun*

Really the only transportation you can use to get to Venice is train :/ needs moar train! Also we need a gondola ;P but as the others are saying, Venice is stone not wood and get rid of the roads, Make cbrown towns bigger, and make it bright and colorful, and also add some street performers using the horse changing to bot, Street performers include but not limited to people painted all silver and standing still not moving also gold ladies dressed up like mid 19th century English woman and vendors... lots and lots of vendors:D. I know this because i have been there :3 it is so epic :D anyway I suggest A set with lots of off white - tan colors since that's what it kinda looks like kthxbai
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:05:03 PM by troy001234 »

what forgetin era are you stuck in?

if your talking about his build then yea, its a little bland, but not terrible

if you talking about Venice then:
you loving moron, Venice isn't low tech, the water just flows high, so instead of build roads most people either walk, use boats or use a train

The internet.

Welcome.

Enjoy your stay.

*roosters gun*
*Slowly edges away*

By posting a work of creation, the poster usually is accepting that people can say whatever they want about it. A good artists uses this to find out if they need to improve, so if anyone doesn't understand this and just hates people for saying not so pleasing comments, then they aren't artists, or at least, are not proper artists, or are very selfish artists.

One of the reasons I avoid this area of the forums, is because of how people act in that way (when I comment on things I am open and honest, and while I'm not usually crude unless somebody deserves it, I still will not hold back any negative comments). Seriously guys, grow up and suck it in.

Like another has stated, this is the internet. If you are visiting, you better be able to tolerate all levels of cruelty.

Anyway, my suggestion for this would be: Just be sure to study your subject before you create it. Otherwise, you risk making many errors, and then people will not understand why and just say it sucks or something. If you can't follow the subject, then simply change the title and have it as an original. If you did just that before you posted it, it probably would not have been such negative comments, because then people wouldn't expect it to match the subject your current title suggests, in which case, this build is nothing resembling that.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:58:24 AM by Trash Man »