Poll

Should I release these?

Yes
18 (78.3%)
No
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: 8-Bit Song Poll  (Read 2140 times)

Two things: I have recently come across some incredible 8-Bit remixes of songs by Pheel on the Newgrounds audio portal, and I was wondering if you (the Blockland community) would like me to release them. Second: Does anyone know any good programs to change an mp3 to a .ogg that work on a Mac?

Update
I've added a link to Pheel's profile on Newgrounds.
http://pheel.newgrounds.com/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 05:51:56 PM by Skulltulla »

First vote ftw. Ontopic: I love 8-bit stuff so go for it! But if they're by somebody on Newgrounds get permissions or something. And secondly, I don't know of any Mac music things :3

Gotcha. So far, I've got Rick Rolled 8-Bit and Still Alive 8-Bit.

I like the sound reading the text of that :D

To convert them into OGG, Use audacity. Not sure if it works on a mac though.

gtfo, don't get stuff remixes off of Newgrouds. Make your own.

gtfo, don't get stuff remixes off of Newgrouds. Make your own.
-.- They're legitimate songs/remixes, and I don't have to make my own. It's the same as if anyone else makes a loop of any other artist's work. You think that anyone who posts music loops here makes their own? I mean, some remixes, yes, some actual original material, but for the most part, nobody makes their own music that they post here. Perhaps I should put a link to both songs Pheel's profile?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 05:52:35 PM by Skulltulla »

When it comes to 8-bit/chiptunes, you make your own.

When it comes to 8-bit/chiptunes, you make your own.
Did you listen to the songs? These are much, much better than anything I could ever do.

I didn't know my BL username made music  XD
I dunno, try to possibly get something more retro... like 8-track.  :P

I just listened to the musics, and I like the Rickrolled one ^-^ You really need to release them!

Two things: I have recently come across some incredible 8-Bit remixes of songs by Pheel on the Newgrounds audio portal, and I was wondering if you (the Blockland community) would like me to release them. Second: Does anyone know any good programs to change an mp3 to a .ogg that work on a Mac?

Update
I've added a link to Pheel's profile on Newgrounds.
http://pheel.newgrounds.com/

If you want to make mono ogg files on mac os x, do this;

1. Download Audacity

2. Install and open Audacity

3. Import Your Mp3 (Drag it in to the audacity window)

4. Look for a tutorial on how to convert the mp3 from stereo to mono

5. Export it as a Ogg Vorbis file (File > Export)