Author Topic: Windows XP to be supported until April 2014  (Read 884 times)

I'm not sure how many of you know about this, but here it is anyway:

Quote from: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-xp/future.aspx
We love that you love Windows XP. We've seen your passion on our website, in e-mails, and through independent online petition drives. Our engineers work hard to build innovative software that empowers our customers, so we're happy we made a difference.

The lifespan of every Microsoft product is carefully mapped from launch to retirement. Windows XP is no exception. We do this to ensure you always get the most out of your PC experience. Read about Windows lifecycle policy.

And another reminder; we're not "pulling the plug" on Windows XP. Although Windows XP won't be sold in stores, Microsoft and its partners will continue to offer technical support for Windows XP for months and years to come. In fact, Microsoft plans to support Windows XP until April 2014.

We're proud of Windows XP, a product that has empowered and entertained hundreds of millions of people in the last eight years. But technology doesn't stand still. And neither can we.

Should you have clicked the link to see this for yourself, it's under Top questions/Why do you have to stop selling Windows XP?

Cry me a rivers, honestly who cares, its like saying you're going to keep windows 95 until 05, upgrade...

Never said I was going to stay on XP...In fact, I use Vista on two computers and Win7 on another.

I think it's good news for some laptop users, though.

They're supporting it until 2014. Current information says they will stop selling it completely by late 2009/early 2010. Windows 95 and 98 were supported well after they stopped being sold.

And this is big news? lol Oh no, not much time for you to save for a new OS! *panic*

well of course they will keep supporting it for years more. why is that surprising

support means security updates and stuff, and phone help. you think they will just let it go like it don't matter?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:53:55 AM by Bisjac »

And this is big news? lol Oh no, not much time for you to save for a new OS! *panic*

What...

I also know what support means, I'm not stupid.

I just didn't think it would be supported for another full 5 years.