Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3852765 times)

are you trying to tell me that dead space 2 has weapons? that can't be right
I was actually thinking about making DS2 weapons. Then indy came out with the plasma cutter, and hydra made the armor

Usually I would if it looked better at all. Besides, I don't think I've ever noticed smooth shading on any of the original items besides the little circles on the printer. I just think it usually looks better to just flat-shade it.
3 of the hats, 4 of the packs, shoulder plates, shoulders, jeep, rocket launcher, bow, wand, spear, and horse all have some smooth shading.

You just have to know where and when to smooth shade.

3 of the hats, 4 of the packs, shoulder plates, shoulders, jeep, rocket launcher, bow, wand, spear, and horse all have some smooth shading.

You just have to know where and when to smooth shade.
check your messages.
I got a problem.

I made a plasma cutter too. :C

I made a plasma cutter too. :C

Don't just say it, post a pic of the model :U

Wait, let me take this in and process it.
Someone makes a model that is made to look simple on purpose because it fits the style of the game that they plan to use it for. They then take a screenshot of the rendered view in the program that displays the triangulation because that was how it was made.
And yet, because of the triangulation, it's the modeler's fault? Maybe I understood you wrong or something, but that just doesn't seem right to me.
just keep everything planar and you'll be fine.
??? If it isn't planar, it is your fault all it takes is for you to move one loving vert.

it's jimmg, nothing he ever says ought to be taken seriously or even attempted to be understood
"He say something mean about my model HE SHOULDNT BE TAKEN SERURS" :(
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:01:49 AM by Khepri »

??? If it isn't planar, it is your fault all it takes is for you to move one loving vert.
"He say something mean about my model HE SHOULDNT BE TAKEN SERURS" :(
yep

Don't just say it, post a pic of the model :U

When I get home.

Usually I would if it looked better at all. Besides, I don't think I've ever noticed smooth shading on any of the original items besides the little circles on the printer. I just think it usually looks better to just flat-shade it.
Cylinder blocks stupid

Make me a donut. And make a Blockhead hold it.

so guys, with siderail, or without. which one is better?

without unless you can make the with rail look less out of place

i like with, looks too empty otherwise.