The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3854036 times)

looks amazing and blocky, but...

Its a bit too high poly in bad places
The stock-trigger group connection looks badly made. If you put this in blockland it will likely clip through the player hand. I suggest you look at t+t bolt action rifle to see how to do stocks and handles well

This number of polygons on a tiny corner of the trigger guard is ...unwise

It's excessive detail that isn't even visible from a normal distance
very good point lol, i'll make sure not to do that
That is really really cool, the only part i dont like is the tip of the rocket, it looks plain weird
i agree. though it was like that in the reference 'image' i used so i just kinda went with it. i probably should've just changed it to my liking, though

Its a bit too high poly in bad places
no, it's just smoothshaded

My first weapon! It's just a reskin of the Imperial Blaster from here. Is it worth releasing if that's the case?

you can edit a few variables and how the projectile/emitter is handled and then call it your own (with credit to packer for initial code). a lot of new addons take or modify code from old ones

but yeah, the model itself justifies the new addon post

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:25:11 PM by Trogtor »

Nice model! I'm jelly, gg.

EDIT: Opinions on colors of the blaster? Nvm of course it's bad compared to what it's based off of. I'm gonna redo it.
Should I bother modelling a Resistance soldier?

NEW EDIT: Made a helmet. Recolored the EL-16. Now I'm working with playertype nodes. Trying to figure out how to set the torso decal and force the backpack on the player.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:33:34 PM by JJJMan4 »

your skill in modeling has grown considerably since one year ago :o

put it to good use, yo. make a portfolio

Yeah i've been uploading my models to p3d.

ill try to add more later

https://p3d.in/u/Trogtor

t

Didn't come the way I wanted to but it looks fine so waht ver

your skill in modeling has grown considerably since one year ago :o

put it to good use, yo. make a portfolio
i want to actually make these weapons in-game but simple weapon scripting is such a pain for me

i want to actually make these weapons in-game but simple weapon scripting is such a pain for me
i can do the scripting