Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3902368 times)

In stuffty 3D viewer mode because stupid ass blender can't render with backface culling apparently.

Also I am going to try to get this in-game but it is abhorrently huge (US military nicknamed it FRED for loving Ridiculous Environmental Disaster) so I don't really know if torque won't kill itself. To give an idea: I put a jeep in it https://i.gyazo.com/de895d53914e2f8c2c3ed53beeab4a8d.png
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:31:53 AM by TheArmyGuy »

In stuffty 3D viewer mode because stupid ass blender can't render with backface culling apparently.

Also I am going to try to get this in-game but it is abhorrently huge (US military nicknamed it FRED for loving Ridiculous Environmental Disaster) so I don't really know if torque won't kill itself. To give an idea: I put a jeep in it https://i.gyazo.com/de895d53914e2f8c2c3ed53beeab4a8d.png
it's not really blocko style tho
also the collision boxes for this thing will basically forget themselves
you can't put stuff in it

you wont be able to put vehicles in it but you can probably put it in bl. keep the collision mesh extremely simple so it doenst instantly crash servers on collision with something else, and make sure the wheels keep the thing from touching the ground even on hard landings

you wont be able to put vehicles in it but you can probably put it in bl. keep the collision mesh extremely simple so it doenst instantly crash servers on collision with something else, and make sure the wheels keep the thing from touching the ground even on hard landings
Isn't something akin to the GSF carrier possible? I mean I know you can't have convex collision boxes but I could cheat by having a U-shaped one with the top just not having one.

Also obviously the doors wouldn't be functional but just for looks.

interestingly enough the lag on collision problem for larger vehicles isn't the collision mesh itself, but the bounds. the larger the bounds, the bigger the lag. the collision mesh probably plays a role too but in testing i've discovered that the bounds has a larger impact. keep that in mind when making vehicles like this

With too many faces in your collision mesh or and oddly shaped mesh you will encounter weird errors like projectiles passing through your vehicle, or shadows not displaying properly. I had that a lot with most of my tanks.

Isn't something akin to the GSF carrier possible? I mean I know you can't have convex collision boxes but I could cheat by having a U-shaped one with the top just not having one.

Also obviously the doors wouldn't be functional but just for looks.
just having a massive vehicle constantly touching another vehicle a lot will be a problem

just having a massive vehicle constantly touching another vehicle a lot will be a problem
Just think of the Blockland vehicle physics©!

gold railgun?
periwinkle missile storm?
dont forget about the long ass gun
just make the hole a cube collision
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:09:08 PM by crazies alt »

sneak peek of new prison break infographic !!!

thats some defense if you ask me

if you guess which game this is from i will give you a free copy of warsow