Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3911161 times)

Well now Trogtor made want to do this (WIP, it'll be 3D later)

Please give all the feedback because I want to take my Star Wars stuff seriously

Clem, grakata.

I haven't modeled for Blockland in a long time, so I tried to recreate the Grakata from the game Warframe in a considerably more blocky style. Still missing some bits and baubles, and the icosphere is DEFINITELY a placeholder.
Reference image used:

CLEM

Well now Trogtor made want to do this (WIP, it'll be 3D later)
Please give all the feedback because I want to take my Star Wars stuff seriously
Are you making it blocko or just a lowpoly version of the helmet?

When I started on the clone helmet I began with a cube but it looked ugly as forget so I ended up going low-poly
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:31:25 AM by Darryl McKoy »

do you release those?

They're for Port and Evar's RPG.

So I made my first reload animation.

After some minor improvements (and with glitches due to extending the animation in Blender):

As it turns out, I am bad at reload animations.

im dying. the way the clip flies off in the distance
im dying

you will die when it hits you in the face

this almost looks good except that the thicker plastic actually renders lighter than the thinner plastic

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:00:48 PM by Tudoreleu »

it's probably just because there are more transparent faces overlapping where it's darker

ye

i'm sure there has to be some sort of cooky material trick that i can use to make it look like it should but if there is i don't know it

So I made my first reload animation.

After some minor improvements (and with glitches due to extending the animation in Blender):

if you give me the blend file i can make a sick one for you

ye

i'm sure there has to be some sort of cooky material trick that i can use to make it look like it should but if there is i don't know it
you could try flipping the normals of the outer layer

nevermind i thought you were having a different problem
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:14:58 PM by Trogtor »

If you don't make a twin grakata weapon as well then Clem will hunt you down.

Actually, twin grakatas is the only one I'm making. WHY WOULD YOU EVER USE ONLY ONE GRAKATA