The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3803386 times)

it would make literally no difference

it would
you'd be able to make animations more efficiently
also some official unity tutorials literally say you should animate outside of unity since you're not supposed to be animating inside of unity

maybe for more complicated movement

Believe me it helps for EVERYTHING. It's one of those things where you don't see how much your animation is missing until you compare the version you currently have with a version you made tweaking from life.

it would
you'd be able to make animations more efficiently
also some official unity tutorials literally say you should animate outside of unity since you're not supposed to be animating inside of unity
you are supposed to animated it unity, it's supported. how do you think games with procedural animations are made? unity supports animations from third party progrsms but you don't have to use them

how do you think games with procedural animations are made?
those games still have the bone weighting done in another software

or generated through the Mesh.boneWeights field. procedural mesh work is super easy in unity to the point where you can actually just write out a whole model by hand, animate it by hand, texture it by hand and then export it from unity to blender all through C#

anyways this is a moot point because im currently making a gun in maya so forget it you guys won. if anyone here is a maya wizard can you please instruct a brother on how to add vertices onto the faces of 3d shapes so i can cut them out of the model or extrude them
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:03:32 PM by PhantOS »

i dont think any of us recommended maya

i do, i vastly prefer it over blender (except blender render is goat)

if anyone here is a maya wizard can you please instruct a brother on how to add vertices onto the faces of 3d shapes so i can cut them out of the model or extrude them
hahaha when i came into 3D class and was forced to switch from blender to maya, i asked this exact thing. its not the proper workflow for maya. If you want to add a vert you use the edge loop tool and just place 1 vert
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 06:27:09 AM by sleep »

Have you ever used it?

Maya and blender both have tradeoffs. Maya has more intuitive tools that make modelling far easier, I would also say Maya has more and better plugins but that's a subjective thing. Blender is more stable and has some neat features between it and unity.

i do, i vastly prefer it over blender (except blender render is goat)
Maya and blender both have tradeoffs. Maya has more intuitive tools that make modelling far easier, I would also say Maya has more and better plugins but that's a subjective thing. Blender is more stable and has some neat features between it and unity.
oh aight

(except blender render is goat)
dont understand why people give blender render such a bad rep. its extremely good for simple renders without fancy lighting. meanwhile cycles requires like 400 nodes to do one thing.

im extremely pissed off that 2.8 is not gonna have it.

anyways this is a moot point because im currently making a gun in maya so forget it you guys won. if anyone here is a maya wizard can you please instruct a brother on how to add vertices onto the faces of 3d shapes so i can cut them out of the model or extrude them

Shift click extrudes faces, ctrl e does too, multicut adds edges and vertices. Make sure you have no endgons and try to make sure most of your model is in quads. Also there's the insert edge loop tool too.

Shift click extrudes faces, ctrl e does too, multicut adds edges and vertices. Make sure you have no endgons and try to make sure most of your model is in quads. Also there's the insert edge loop tool too.
wait so if i have a face with four vertices and i want to add another face into the middle of the shape that is like half the size, i can use multicut or should i use edgeloop

wait so if i have a face with four vertices and i want to add another face into the middle of the shape that is like half the size, i can use multicut or should i use edgeloop

Extrude and then resize it. If you need specific help you'll get quicker a response on discord

update: finished all 3 and reduced bloom