Author Topic: TurboSquid Model Selling  (Read 2220 times)

You never want to let on to potential customers that you are in a need for their money. It's already assumed, but mentioning it for a sale would steer me away.

None of the links here bring me to his models

im actually planning to start selling stuff too, i made some lego guys but some stuff needs fixing. And there's already a few lego guys being sold, so i need some ideas on what stuff to include with them. Like there was one guy somebody was selling who had a wheelbarrow and a spade.

I need to think of stuff like that

It is illegal to make money of LEGO's copyrighted media.

It is illegal to make money of LEGO's copyrighted media.

then how are they doing this

oh and:

I took d3ath's idea on weapons, so i'm making a lego weapon pack since turbo squid has no lego weapons at all. Just builds and people.
Was based off this:
http://www.brickarms.com/Toys/weapons/M41A.aspx
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:17:21 PM by DarkStar »

how much do you guys think this should cost :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:33:44 PM by Riot »

@DarkStar Good job. I like it.

then how are they doing this

oh and:

I took d3ath's idea on weapons, so i'm making a lego weapon pack since turbo squid has no lego weapons at all. Just builds and people.
Was based off this:
http://www.brickarms.com/Toys/weapons/M41A.aspx

It is still illegal, regardless of how many people have done it. LEGO would be entirely within their right to come in and sue all of those people.

It is still illegal, regardless of how many people have done it. LEGO would be entirely within their right to come in and sue all of those people.

well i'm going to try anyways, since badspot didn't get sued when he made the first version of blockland and lots of people seem to be selling them fine.

forgot it was free lol

i'll think about it then
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:44:09 PM by DarkStar »

Badspot wasn't making money off of v0002.
I should make an account and see if I manage to sell anything.

But your model isn't exact copy of Lego one.
Some things are still slightly different. And it doesn't have Lego logo on it. Is it still illegal? :o

But your model isn't exact copy of Lego one.
Some things are still slightly different. And it doesn't have Lego logo on it. Is it still illegal? :o

no i asked my dad and he said its legal because i'm making it from scratch. My own model, and i'm making lego versions of REAL weapons.

no i asked my dad and he said its legal because i'm making it from scratch. My own model, and i'm making lego versions of REAL weapons.

If it's of your own design then, yes, it is legal. But to copy the minifig or any of the existing bricks would be a violation of their copyright.