Author Topic: Ye Olde Wall (IMAGE HEAVY)  (Read 1348 times)

Well, V11 and its amazing physics brought me back to Blockland. Once I started playing again, I saw that I hadn't finished the build I was making before I stopped playing. I started on it 4 days ago, and finished last night. This is the result:

Introducing, the Ye Olde Wall, the next addition to my Ye Olde Medieval build series.

Before I left, this build was simply a wall with a wooden portcullis. In 4 days, I added a tower to each end to finish the build. It contains around 5,000 bricks.

-This is a standard view of the Wall from one half of the bedroom. From here you can see the two red and yellow flags waving proudly in the non-existent breeze.

-Next, we have a view of the opened, wood portcullis, welcoming, or waving goodbye to travelers and armies entering and leaving the non-existent town.

-Here we have an picture of the 'gatehouse', the section between the two portcullises, and the two doors leading inside the walls themselves.

-A slightly ominous view from the exterior entrance of one tower, facing across the allure (walkway on wall) to the adjacent tower.

-A decent view of side of the left tower.

-This is a simple picture of the interior of one side of the wall itself, leading to the interior entrance of one of the towers.

-Here is a view of one of the storage closets. There's one of these at the bottom floor of both towers. In the event of a siege, the soldiers garrisoned in the wall can hold out alone for an amount of time with the supplies in these closets.

-In the upper section of each tower, there is a small room containing tables, ale, and a few weapon racks for soldiers or guards who could use some place to entertain themselves while off duty.

-A view from the top of the right tower, looking over the rest of the wall through the battlements.

-This is another view of the wall itself. Here you can see the Gothic-influenced cresting, with small candles resting in the middle of each arch.

-One last view of the wall in all of it's intimidating prowess and beauty.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread and scroll through all 10 pictures, reading the uselessly detailed explanations that I made for no real reason at all.

If you wish, you may rate the build #/10.

Note: I may use this build as an application to the New World Builders clan.

And by the way, don't you dare say this build looks duplicated. About the only thing duplicated in this build was the crates/barrels in the storage rooms.

Very nice. Now make the rest of it.

EPIC wall   and your other Ye olde medieval builds are EPIC to.

Very nice, I can't see anything that immediately looks like it could be done better.

edit: I'd like to see the wooden support beams on the ceiling along with the walls.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 08:42:44 PM by Otis Da HousKat »

I did something a bit like that in the stairwell of the tower. I didn't show it, since it isn't the most decorative or well done portion of the build. :/

By the way, thank you all for all of your great comments! Keep them coming.

★★★★★ Build Great job!

Application accpeted, welcome to NWB!

Ghoul I know I have been a jerk but... this is amazing well done. Good job getting into the NWB clan. Wish you luck.

Very nice, I like how you didn't make it out of 1x4s or, even worse, 1x2s.

Very nice, I like how you didn't make it out of 1x4s or, even worse, 1x2s.

Yeah, I didn't use those because of how it uses more bricks, and makes the build look more... "liney" if you will. For larger builds (credit to Dread for the idea) I found out that 2x3x4s are better.

I did use 2x4's, however, for the walls of the gatehouse.

Ghoul I know I have been a jerk but... this is amazing well done. Good job getting into the NWB clan. Wish you luck.

Thanks! And it wasn't you who was being the jerk, it was me.

"And by the way, don't you dare say this build looks duplicated. About the only thing duplicated in this build was the crates/barrels in the storage rooms." This was the little words that he made tiny.

"And by the way, don't you dare say this build looks duplicated. About the only thing duplicated in this build was the crates/barrels in the storage rooms." This was the little words that he made tiny.
you could've used a quote instead of quotation marks.

Anyway, nice build.

Why the forget haven't I gotten retail? That is amazing, and it should really shoe you in for NW.