Author Topic: Strange Brick Save Error  (Read 1301 times)

This afternoon I loaded a save file of my Manor I was constructing, added a few things and then saved. All was well then.

But when I just loaded the save file again a few minutes ago, every brick loaded but clearly levels of the structure were missing. This is really confusing and I'd hate to have to scrap a project as big as this due to a save file gone haywire.

This was the save file's picture:

This was what it looked like after I loaded:

I'd really like some help with this, and I'm not sure what went wrong with the save.

Looks like the save just missed some bricks, so they're not even in the save file so there isn't much you can do. Did you overwrite the older save?

Looks like the save just missed some bricks, so they're not even in the save file so there isn't much you can do. Did you overwrite the older save?
I did, :(

I have an older save from about three months ago, but as you can probably figure it's not up to date with the structure.

What gets me is that none of the trees look affected.

I don't know if there's much you can do really... If the bricks didn't save then there's no way to do it. It'd be a different ballgame if they had saved but weren't loading.

I don't know if there's much you can do really... If the bricks didn't save then there's no way to do it. It'd be a different ballgame if they had saved but weren't loading.
Well thanks for the input, I guess I got some reworking to do :(

If anyone has a save file that's newer than September 25th, contact me :o
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 07:37:58 PM by Ronin »

Well thanks for the input, I guess I got some reworking to do :(

If anyone has a save file that's newer than September 25th, contact me :o
Eh i'm not proud of this but i have the save from when you loaded it earlier today... I'm sure it has all the bricks so i'll send you the BLS in a PM unless you want me to load it for you.

Eh i'm not proud of this but i have the save from when you loaded it earlier today
Why? You just saved him a bunch of hassel...

Eh i'm not proud of this but i have the save from when you loaded it earlier today... I'm sure it has all the bricks so i'll send you the BLS in a PM unless you want me to load it for you.
Trust me I would be indebted to you if I could have the save.

:D

Why? You just saved him a bunch of hassel...
I dont want to be be considered a save stealer :( as i hate those kinds of people. But it was just so cool and i wanted to improve my building methods by looking through it.

I don't see saving other peoples' builds a 'crime' unless that person claims it as his own.

Also, because of situations like these.

I once built something that took me like 6 hours. I saved. I loaded. It was corrupted.

I hated life.

K I sent you the BLS in a PM Ronin. Sorry about the name and picture but I was in a rush :/

It really is a soul crushing feeling to have your work get castrated by the saving system. Well this situation seems remedied so I'll lock.

Thanks again.